Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

Respected members, the future is built based on historical facts. The history teaches us our past mistakes and achievements. The future generation will learn about Gandhis, Subhash, Bhagat singh, Indira, Nehru etc through history books only. Who can deny India's achievement in science and other fields. Let's not look down ourselves more than we really are. let's have some faith in past achievements.

I am sure none of you will suggest our government to trash history books so we begin to live in present world only that says our cultural history is as old as entry date of British in this country..

True. Any country is built upon its past and the present is built upon firm foundations of the past.  Can anybody build anything sans a foundation? 

suni51 wrote:

Respected members, the future is built based on historical facts. The history teaches us our past mistakes and achievements. The future generation will learn about Gandhis, Subhash, Bhagat singh, Indira, Nehru etc through history books only. Who can deny India's achievement in science and other fields. Let's not look down ourselves more than we really are. let's have some faith in past achievements.

I am sure none of you will suggest our government to trash history books so we begin to live in present world only that says our cultural history is as old as entry date of British in this country..

No. Nobody will suggest scrapping history. All that we hope that this should not be tampered with and no tall claims be made about ancient India.  There is one Khattar whose ridiculous books are being taught in some schools thereby polluting the minds of young children. . 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
suni51 wrote:

No. Nobody will suggest scrapping history. All that we hope that this should not be tampered with and no tall claims be made about ancient India.  There is one Khattar whose ridiculous books are being taught in some schools thereby polluting the minds of young children. . 

Such groups deserve punishment who are playing with youngsters.these lessons are misguiding the future citizens of India.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

With due respect sir, If they can teach all about Gandhis, Nehrus, Moghuls and British in the name of history and that did not pollute our minds I am sure we are strong enough to survive cow's urine too. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is a difference between history and mythology. History records events. Mythology is what people dream and imagine and put to pen and paper. Both are skillfully exploited by vested interests. Today a lot many people including educated believe mythology is history and history is mythology.Extreme reactions are indicative of a complex. By differentiating rightly between mythology and history one does not forget one's roots but believing blindly in mythological; history  is doing severe injustice to oneself.

vijay wrote:

For many people going back in history is going forward !!!

Sir, this was in response to your post that prompted me to mention "history'. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

vijay wrote:

There is a difference between history and mythology. History records events. Mythology is what people dream and imagine and put to pen and paper. Both are skillfully exploited by vested interests. Today a lot many people including educated believe mythology is history and history is mythology.Extreme reactions are indicative of a complex. By differentiating rightly between mythology and history one does not forget one's roots but believing blindly in mythological; history  is doing severe injustice to oneself.

All of us do not history well. I also come from commerce stream and have very little knowledge of history. Mythology and history often get mixed up.  Religion is more about mythological beliefs.  We need to respect even the sentiments related to mythological beliefs. Unless there is positive harm, let anyone believe what he likes.  If somebody treats mythology as true and history, let him. But the academicians and educational institutions should be clear about this so that right type of education is imparted. Also it needs be seen that education is not saffronized as some are attempting.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Mythologies cannot be treated altogether dismissing as mere outdated  . Vidura Neeti  and some portions of Ramayana and Mahabharat are now included in the curriculum of famous  Business schools all over the world including several IIMs. Chanakya Neeti's management lessons are still relevant even the present modern scenario.

No one is against use of mythology in a positive manner. After all they are also creations of human imaginations. It is when they are mixed with history to either dominate or humiliate the trouble begins.

vijay wrote:

No one is against use of mythology in a positive manner. After all they are also creations of human imaginations. It is when they are mixed with history to either dominate or humiliate the trouble begins.

I agree. Using mythology in a positive manner is essential .

Thank you said by: vijay
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.