The topic is locked.

Today is birthday of  Nargis Dutt, a rare talented artist. Many good movies including 'Mother India' and 'Shri 420' are to her credit. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes sir. A rare actress with extraordinary histrionic talents.Beside those Movies you mentioned, I recollect her evergreen song filmed on her.

" Pyar Hua Ikrar Hua, Pyaar Se phir Kyon Darata Hi dil "

Yes she was a very talented actress.  She has given lots of good films along with raj kapoor. Mother India was one of her best film where she played a mother of Sunil Dutt who was her husband later on.

Nargis acted in many landmark films especially with Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar. But her best Mother India was with relatively new comers and other equally good films were Pardesi a Indo - soviet production and Raat aur Din.Personally I liked Nargis best in Andaz, Lajwanti and Raat aur Din..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Each of Nargis's movies is a Benchmark in Acting by itself. Jagte Raho is one memorable movie that I cannot forget.

rambabu wrote:

Each of Nargis's movies is a Benchmark in Acting by itself. Jagte Raho is one memorable movie that I cannot forget.

But in Jagte Raho Nargis had just one song at the end of the movie , not much acting ....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

But in Jagte Raho Nargis had just one song at the end of the movie , not much acting ....

However, right now I'm seeing AAwara in Z  Classic. Nargis a class apart.

Nargis father was Hindu and her mother was Muslim, born in Rawalpindi, then India before independence, her original name was fatima rashid, She had off screen romance with Raj Kappor, Nargis died in the same year 1981 ironically her son Sanjay Dutt's first movie released that year. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Oh.. lot of info about Nargis Dutt. As far as her histrionic talents are concerned Nargis is always remembered for portrayal of the Mother role in Mother India.

mohan manohar wrote:

Nargis father was Hindu and her mother was Muslim, born in Rawalpindi, then India before independence, her original name was fatima rashid, She had off screen romance with Raj Kappor, Nargis died in the same year 1981 ironically her son Sanjay Dutt's first movie released that year. 

But according to wikipedia, she was born at Kolkatta. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu, mohan manohar

I see. Anyhow I relied on the member's data. Of course it has got nothing to do with Nargis's Talents.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.