Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Here too in my place Vizag we have a beautiful Road that goes along the Beach. For this exclusive Bicycle tracks were also made by the corporation.. The traffic will be diverted for an hour in the morning hours. For some time this worked. After a period of time Bicycle tracks are used as public toilets by the nearby slum dwellers making the entire area stink. making some rule is something and implementing the rule is something else.

That is the point. Basic infrastructure such as proper sanitation facilities, basic and efficient transport systems are missing everywhere. If such facilities were provided properly and were efficient enough, then such extra measures for conserving environment would surely work.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Here too in my place Vizag we have a beautiful Road that goes along the Beach. For this exclusive Bicycle tracks were also made by the corporation.. The traffic will be diverted for an hour in the morning hours. For some time this worked. After a period of time Bicycle tracks are used as public toilets by the nearby slum dwellers making the entire area stink. making some rule is something and implementing the rule is something else.

That is the point. Basic infrastructure such as proper sanitation facilities, basic and efficient transport systems are missing everywhere. If such facilities were provided properly and were efficient enough, then such extra measures for conserving environment would surely work.

Exactly. They are mere eye wash measures. The corporation authorities fill their record books claiming that what they have done for environment protection. After that they will not bother to check up how their measures are working. Yes had these slum dwellers been provided with alternatives for their toilets they would not have come anywhere near the Cycle lanes.. Additionally there are encroachings by the roadside green coconut sellers. Their pushing carts will hinder the runners and cyclists causing lot of inconvenience.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.