Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
suni51 wrote:

For me, this is not a question of preference. I'm Indian because I was bornb in Rawalpinndi (undivided India, now in Pakistan). I am Hindu because I was born in Hindu family. I am Hindi speaking because I have most lived in U.P.  I am male because I was so born. There is no option again.  We must recognize our identity as this is and like this. There is no other way. any other way will lead you to mental assylum if carried too far. 

You mean in Agra :) in place of America?

Presently I'm at Agra and feel easy here. I've been educated in Allahabad, Kanpur and Meerut. So I'm very much Hindi speaking.  I'm used to the culture and nature of U.P. 

I am near Meerut and I like it here compared to many places I have visited in past and recently. I prefer to stay here (where I am) or love my childhood city Lucknow. Incidentally I have also studied at Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Mathura and Allahabad. And the mention of Agra was not in your reference.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

For me, this is not a question of preference. I'm Indian because I was bornb in Rawalpinndi (undivided India, now in Pakistan). I am Hindu because I was born in Hindu family. I am Hindi speaking because I have most lived in U.P.  I am male because I was so born. There is no option again.  We must recognize our identity as this is and like this. There is no other way. any other way will lead you to mental assylum if carried too far. 

You mean in Agra :) in place of America?

Presently I'm at Agra and feel easy here. I've been educated in Allahabad, Kanpur and Meerut. So I'm very much Hindi speaking.  I'm used to the culture and nature of U.P. 

I am near Meerut and I like it here compared to many places I have visited in past and recently. I prefer to stay here (where I am) or love my childhood city Lucknow. Incidentally I have also studied at Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Mathura and Allahabad. And the mention of Agra was not in your reference.

Agra was mentioned just below my comments. So this confusion. Thank you. Incidentally, we belong to same region.  when I lived in North East, I would feel very pleasant on spending my leave at Meerut or Mathura. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Residentship of each country has its own merit and it depends on person to person. I have never been to America so cannot answer if I would prefer to be an American resident over being an Indian. But again Like Usha has said, why only America? Why not choose some other country?

Given the choice I would not mind having the option of having the best of both worlds ...

My sentiments too Usha :- ....But since the day I have read Peter Mayles' "A Year in Provence" it is my heart's desire to live in Provence, France.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

Dual citizenship is given only to a few eminent people who  have made positive contributions to the society ...There are quite a few who receive it from time to time.

No it is not a case of dual citizenship. Perhaps when you get US green card you don't apply for citizenship and continue staying indefinitely retaining your Indian passport.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Residentship of each country has its own merit and it depends on person to person. I have never been to America so cannot answer if I would prefer to be an American resident over being an Indian. But again Like Usha has said, why only America? Why not choose some other country?

Given the choice I would not mind having the option of having the best of both worlds ...

My sentiments too Usha :- ....But since the day I have read Peter Mayles' "A Year in Provence" it is my heart's desire to live in Provence, France.

Yes France is beautiful especially the countryside....Large cities all look the same - high street, shopping malls, parks and some greenery,houses etc etc .But it is the beauty of countryside, vast stretches of land that is clean and lush that is so very beautiful and inviting in most European countries..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

My favorite place is Araku valley in my own state AP. Though my home is 60 Km away from Vizag, I prefer to settle in this valley for its tranquility and serenity.

vijay wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Dual citizenship is given only to a few eminent people who  have made positive contributions to the society ...There are quite a few who receive it from time to time.

No it is not a case of dual citizenship. Perhaps when you get US green card you don't apply for citizenship and continue staying indefinitely retaining your Indian passport.

Most Indians would be living with a green card , I guess it is only the ones wanting American citizenship would try and get one ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.