Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. I have security numbers given by my Bank. It's only the Banks know my Financial details.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Absolute secrecy is not possible when you are on the move.  Most users on facebook go on updating their status- giving location and programme of journey and photos/ selfies wherever they go. This definitely reduces security.  Hence the details on Facebook needbe very generic and no exact locations and programmes of visit need be given.  Althoigh I have linked my phone to Facebook, Only my address, date of birth, name can be known. These are even otherwise not secret.  For sending personal messages,  email is best.  

I agree, when you give minute by minute account of your activities you are being foolish and rather indiscriminate ..But you cannot blame a social site for that since it is very much within your control not to provide any personal details ! I have not even given my address , only the location, home town ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Social websites will not ask or force the members to provide all silly details in the site. Somebody appropriately said, "Mouse is in my hands." It says it all.

usha manohar wrote:

Giving your mobile number does not necessarily mean giving out financial details...Besides your password for ATM debit cards most banks now also have a security code which you need to type on a different window, and is given to you at your branch by the bank and unless you enter that you cannot complete your transaction online..

Besides all online transactions need to be confirmed by a pin number duly sent to your mobile for a very small time period so chances of making use of your account is almost nil unless you give your debit/credit card to someone with your secret PIN number. However mobile number is not a big issue but you can keep one extra if you are interested to be on sites like instagram/whasapp etc. FB does not ask for you MB # as a mandatory rule.

What I feel that Gulshan ji has only warned members that giving out too many personal details on social websites is not advisable.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Giving your mobile number does not necessarily mean giving out financial details...Besides your password for ATM debit cards most banks now also have a security code which you need to type on a different window, and is given to you at your branch by the bank and unless you enter that you cannot complete your transaction online..

Besides all online transactions need to be confirmed by a pin number duly sent to your mobile for a very small time period so chances of making use of your account is almost nil unless you give your debit/credit card to someone with your secret PIN number. However mobile number is not a big issue but you can keep one extra if you are interested to be on sites like instagram/whasapp etc. FB does not ask for you MB # as a mandatory rule.

What I feel that Gulshan ji has only warned members that giving out too many personal details on social websites is not advisable.

That is exactly the point.  The fact that one should not Divulge personal details in any social website has been in circulation since long.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I guess it is understood when you have been using social sites since a long period of time..divulging more than what is essential is definitely unwise anywhere !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is exactly the point.  The fact that one should not Divulge personal details in any social website has been in circulation since long.

As A HR Manage I will never hire anyone with too many foolish details on  his/her social accounts although I would like to read and judge him/her by their activities. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

As A HR Manage I will never hire anyone with too many foolish details on  his/her social accounts although I would like to read and judge him/her by their activities. 

. I agree.Unnecessary details will not serve as a measuring rod to estimate one's worth. Your activities will talk.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.