Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

@Rambabu- What do Hindus do inside mosques during Muharram?

Offer prayers. For what else one goes to a Mosque ?

Muharram is an occasion of Matam by Shiya Muslims. They weep in the memory of the martyrdom of Hussain the whole night and next morning march to Karbalas giving themselves as much pain as possible by thumping chest, beating themselves with iron chains and even using knives on themselves. I have seen this from my childhood and as one Shiya mosque was adjacent to my house in Lucknow I have seen them weeping whole night from my roof. Incidentally, there was no Hindu ever present in all this activity.  Next Muharram is on 13th of this month, keep a watch.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

@Rambabu- What do Hindus do inside mosques during Muharram?

Offer prayers. For what else one goes to a Mosque ?

Muharram is an occasion of Matam by Shiya Muslims. They weep in the memory of the martyrdom of Hussain the whole night and next morning march to Karbalas giving themselves as much pain as possible by thumping chest, beating themselves with iron chains and even using knives on themselves. I have seen this from my childhood and as one Shiya mosque was adjacent to my house in Lucknow I have seen them weeping whole night from my roof. Incidentally, there was no Hindu ever present in all this activity.  Next Muharram is on 13th of this month, keep a watch.

Let me make myself clear to you. I was quoting my experience. Respect and tolerance in My state was the point I wanted to drive home. There are several places in every and corner of Vizianagaram where  Peers are exhibited for the viewers. Telugu people in AP offer prayers and offerings They stop eating any non vegetarian dishes on this occasion.

http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=5130

The picture reflects the broad mindedness of the people. What do we do when we enter church @suni51? Even in Gurudwaras the prayer style is different from the Hindus but we visit it just because we believe God is one. The fanatic people have created all the mess. The beauty of this incident reflected through the image is that people of one religion is not forcing their religion on the other section. Why should we force our faith on another? Rather we will share everything together, respect each others' faith and carry on our personal life and belief.

shampasaid

@suni51 wants us to believe that all Muslims have an agenda against Hindus and Hindus are victims. Similar but opposite sentiments are expressed by Owaisi of MIM. To both we want to tell the reality is some where in between. People of both religions are co existing peacefully all over the country, yet there are die hard self proclaimed but influential persons on both sides who do not want communities to live in peace. They want strife and for this will go to any extant and any period in history to raise inflammable passions. What sadistic pleasure they get only they can explain. As someone said the agenda was develop India for all communities but it now seems to be divide India into various communities.

we praise Jesus Christ when inside a church, what else and in this picture no body is praising Lord ganesha but offering Namaz.

@Vijay- I was telling our learned rambabu sir the meaning of Muharram and if I do not want to give in to your philosophy that is none of my fault.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

we praise Jesus Christ when inside a church, what else and in this picture no body is praising Lord ganesha but offering Namaz.

@Vijay- I was telling our learned rambabu sir the meaning of Muharram and if I do not want to give in to your philosophy that is none of my fault.  

There is nothing wrong in expressing member's opinions. I take all opinions and point of view, honor while expressing my view tt.

@Suni51, I do not want you to give in to my philosophy so pl do not feel guilty. India is a democratic country and everyone has a right to his opinions however contrasting they may be from others. That is the beauty of Indian Constitution and the fact that Hindus are basically secular and inclusive minded. Attempts to make their outlook narrower  may not succeed, if history is a witness. Rest time will only tell.

It is commendable thing that the Ganesh mandal offered space to the Muslims for their prayers and is a positive sign. I recently also read about a couple of Masjids in Kolhapur who celebrate Ganesh festival for 10 days exactly like Hindus inside the masjids. Such activities of communal brotherhood are commendable and they should be encouraged and motivated more than ever before now. But whether such things happen or not depends on the common people themselves and their willpower to change things and think for the society as a whole. While such incidences of brotherhood do happen regularly, it is also an undeniable fact that events of opposite nature take place even more frequently than such good ones. eg. in Pune, there are a few areas where the aforementioned community is localized in large numbers and a few days before Ganesh festival begins, take it upon themselves to severely disrupt normal routine for the society and try their level best to start riots. So the Hindus who live in these areas cannot do anything else but remain together and put up resistance against these people. Who is to be blamed here?? I must add that many have tried until now to change the attitudes of these disrupters but none have succeeded so far and these events are a regular feature for many years!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Every part of the country and every city has such incidents taking place.Here in Mangalore where we have had some of the worst communal riots, things are very much under control during normal times. Diwali is celebrated by all other communities , so also Xmas and although celebrating Id is complicated because of their closed in attitude , normally the  Muslims invite their friends for a meal or send Biriyani, Kebab and kheer that they normally make to friends' - normally Hindus and Christians' homes. The trouble begins only when there is some communal incident or else it hardly matters since people are too busy with their own lives and problems, and religion is the least of their worries!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Wel, this is a wonderful scene which I never seen or dreamed. Surely one day our hindus will pray in moque. I do agree. Even I feel one day all muslim countries will surely change and become good friends to Hindus .

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.