Long sitting hours is not beneficial but how do we control it. In office we need to sit and work even at home while watching television or working on computer requires sitting so how to control the damage. Here is the link for a way out:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/10/06/446295001/your-chair-is-killing-you-here-s-what-you-need-to-do-to-stop-it 

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, long hour sitting in one place is really not good for health. We sometime force to work sitting long hour at office. To minimize this situations one should get up and walk whenever they get time. If that is also not possible one should use the lunch time cleverly and try to get some walk after having lunch. The best thing to do in office is to get the thing by own without any help of office boys, this is here you can get some time to be away from your seat.  

Regards

Jeets

I have to sit for long hours in office. But I travel some distrance from home to bus stop on foot both ways. Also I walk for movement in office area. at home, I don't watch TV.  I work on home computer also for about two hours after dinner.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

With all the ways you are following, ill effects of constant sitting will not touch you. But those who have to sit in offices or in the home they are likely to become the victims of obesity. Too much sitting also seems to increase the risk of death from cardiovascular disease and cancer.

During office hours one can walk in the premises of the office. Otherwise one can walk during lunch hour. If it is in the office every half an hour one can get away and to little stretching in the room itself.

Long sitting hours is not beneficial but how do we control it. In office we need to sit and work even at home while watching television or working on computer requires sitting so how to control the damage. Here is the link for a way out:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/10/06/446295001/your-chair-is-killing-you-here-s-what-you-need-to-do-to-stop-it 

I agree that our lifestyle has become very sedentary unlike what it used to be ! Unless we make a conscious attempt to keep ourselves active, chances are that we end up becoming lazy and lethargic. As adults we have to be all the more careful to remain active because of health reasons, also inculcate an active lifestyle in our children,I see many children go home and get busy either with their home work or rush to the tuition classes or else sit in front of the TV or computer depending on the age.Unless a set routine is formed they may turn out to be the same as adults ! I find the whole lifestyle today very unhealthy !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have to work on computer and it necessitates for sitting before the computer for long hours. But I always remember to sit before the computer for hours together leads to lot of health hazards like obesity. So after every one hour a get up and walk in my long corridor for about 5 minutes. some times i use stair case instead of using lift for going to the basement of my flat.. This also gives me a break. This way, one has to change the position as often as possible to escape from the ill effects of sedentary life.

rambabu wrote:

With all the ways you are following, ill effects of constant sitting will not touch you. But those who have to sit in offices or in the home they are likely to become the victims of obesity. Too much sitting also seems to increase the risk of death from cardiovascular disease and cancer.

During office hours one can walk in the premises of the office. Otherwise one can walk during lunch hour. If it is in the office every half an hour one can get away and to little stretching in the room itself.

I am also doing like Gulshan ji. I am running a shop for 12 years. There I spend 8 to 9 hours in sitting postures. I am also feeling ill effect of this habit. My shop is much small so I can't walk in it with the help of walker. I have problem of back pain, urine problem, leg ache problem. So it is suggestion to all not sit more than one hour. At least wake up to  drink water.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am also doing like Gulshan ji. I am running a shop for 12 years. There I spend 8 to 9 hours in sitting postures. I am also feeling ill effect of this habit. My shop is much small so I can't walk in it with the help of walker. I have problem of back pain, urine problem, leg ache problem. So it is suggestion to all not sit more than one hour. At least wake up to  drink water.

So sorry Anil. You have become a victim of ill effects of sedentary life. Yes, follow what gulshanji said. If your home is not far away from your shop better you walk. This will help a lot.

As adults we have our own limitations as well but if we can brave them out then it would be wonderful for us. It will help us to lead a life free of ailment but I am worried about the upcoming generation. When I see my son I get disturbed. There is very little time he gets to play either because of homework, due to examination, for his music class or his friends are off to tuition which at least he doesn't have to go and that gives him more time to devote to his first love, storybooks, naturally he sits for hours together engrossed in reading. To make him leave his storybook it becomes a pain for me.

shampasaid

Your kid's love for Books is quite a healthy sign. It should be encouraged and it's not wise on the part of  parents to impose restrictions right at this age Later as he grows, I'm sure he himself  knows the importance of a break. Because if you try to interrupt his reading, he becomes adamant and things may not work as you wish.

So wait for some time and create some clever interruptions like  calling for his morning snack. Don't give him . Ask him to fetch for himself that was kept on the dining table and make yourself busy with your daily chores. You can think of some more ways yourself.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Anil yurs is a unique health problem but inspite of it you are doing the best you can, using the walker and also being active at your shop ...You could probably take a break in between by closing the shop or handing it over to someone else for an hour so just to get some relief, is that possible ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.