Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Such interruptions I do create but sometimes if I am not that attentive then he won't even drink water or ask for his snacks and so on. I know it will gradually change but hope that damage is not caused before it. 

shampasaid

I assure you . There wont be any damage to your child's behavior. Because nothing pertaining to childhood habits  remain forever. Because children are fickle minded by nature and with the age fickle mindedness would disappear.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

It is a big problem these days. People do sit for hours and end up with various ailments. Exercising even once a day does make a difference if not totally as mentioned in the article regarding the gym goers. It is more beneficial to take in between breaks even if it is to move to a different chairgrinning.png. Even stretching , doing a bit of shoulder movement and head movement ,when very busy or closing the eyes for a while can reduce strain if working in front of computer for long hours.

Thank you said by: rambabu

First and foremost thing one has to remember is to get away from the chair be it TV viewing in home or your working chair in the office. I for one  i religiously get away from the chair and  ascend or descend using stair case and avoid lift.Both my office and my residence are located in multi storied buildings. This exercise rejuvenates me and help in reducing the ill effects of sedentary life.

Lopamudra wrote:

It is a big problem these days. People do sit for hours and end up with various ailments. Exercising even once a day does make a difference if not totally as mentioned in the article regarding the gym goers. It is more beneficial to take in between breaks even if it is to move to a different chairgrinning.png. Even stretching , doing a bit of shoulder movement and head movement ,when very busy or closing the eyes for a while can reduce strain if working in front of computer for long hours.

The most important thing is activity in any form which people got in plenty during olden times . They walked everywhere and did all the work themselves  which made sure that they had very little time to sit for a long period of time unlike now ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Bringing in little changes in lifestyle helps. Like doing chores manually, climbing steps rather than using lift etc.. There are some stretching exercises that you can do in between. Moreover it is very important to have a correct posture while sitting for health benefits.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I do not sit either before the Computer or at a particular place. We in our flat have a long verandah, where in I walk whenever I get time. I make it a point not to miss my after meal walk.

yes, all of us have to sit for any work which we are doing whether it is doing work in office or watching Television, its really painful someday.

sdfafa

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

With all the ways you are following, ill effects of constant sitting will not touch you. But those who have to sit in offices or in the home they are likely to become the victims of obesity. Too much sitting also seems to increase the risk of death from cardiovascular disease and cancer.

During office hours one can walk in the premises of the office. Otherwise one can walk during lunch hour. If it is in the office every half an hour one can get away and to little stretching in the room itself.

I am also doing like Gulshan ji. I am running a shop for 12 years. There I spend 8 to 9 hours in sitting postures. I am also feeling ill effect of this habit. My shop is much small so I can't walk in it with the help of walker. I have problem of back pain, urine problem, leg ache problem. So it is suggestion to all not sit more than one hour. At least wake up to  drink water.

So sorry Anil. You have become a victim of ill effects of sedentary life. Yes, follow what gulshanji said. If your home is not far away from your shop better you walk. This will help a lot.

I can walk with the help of walker, my house is more than 2km away from my shop. In these days I am spending less time in shop.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

With all the ways you are following, ill effects of constant sitting will not touch you. But those who have to sit in offices or in the home they are likely to become the victims of obesity. Too much sitting also seems to increase the risk of death from cardiovascular disease and cancer.

During office hours one can walk in the premises of the office. Otherwise one can walk during lunch hour. If it is in the office every half an hour one can get away and to little stretching in the room itself.

I am also doing like Gulshan ji. I am running a shop for 12 years. There I spend 8 to 9 hours in sitting postures. I am also feeling ill effect of this habit. My shop is much small so I can't walk in it with the help of walker. I have problem of back pain, urine problem, leg ache problem. So it is suggestion to all not sit more than one hour. At least wake up to  drink water.

So sorry Anil. You have become a victim of ill effects of sedentary life. Yes, follow what gulshanji said. If your home is not far away from your shop better you walk. This will help a lot.

I can walk with the help of walker, my house is more than 2km away from my shop. In these days I am spending less time in shop.

Good Anil. You are following what Gulshan has suggested. Walking either in the Morning or in the evening at least for 30 minutes will make you healthy.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.