Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

anil wrote..

I can walk with the help of walker, my house is more than 2km away from my shop. In these days I am spending less time in shop.

Of course anil, you can only walk within the limits and it is simply not possible to walk for 2 kms with a walker ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

With all the ways you are following, ill effects of constant sitting will not touch you. But those who have to sit in offices or in the home they are likely to become the victims of obesity. Too much sitting also seems to increase the risk of death from cardiovascular disease and cancer.

During office hours one can walk in the premises of the office. Otherwise one can walk during lunch hour. If it is in the office every half an hour one can get away and to little stretching in the room itself.

I am also doing like Gulshan ji. I am running a shop for 12 years. There I spend 8 to 9 hours in sitting postures. I am also feeling ill effect of this habit. My shop is much small so I can't walk in it with the help of walker. I have problem of back pain, urine problem, leg ache problem. So it is suggestion to all not sit more than one hour. At least wake up to  drink water.

Anil yurs is a unique health problem but inspite of it you are doing the best you can, using the walker and also being active at your shop ...You could probably take a break in between by closing the shop or handing it over to someone else for an hour so just to get some relief, is that possible?

It is not possible, I can't close shop myself. I also have  not employee. I have one son who is working in bank at Delhi.

A few suggestions of what can be done to avoid long sitting hours. We should try and implement what ever is possible and what ever works for us

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12810/16-ways-to-avoid-sitting-so-much-during-the-day.html

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

A few suggestions of what can be done to avoid long sitting hours. We should try and implement what ever is possible and what ever works for us

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12810/16-ways-to-avoid-sitting-so-much-during-the-day.html

Excellent tips.  People who sit most of the day, the risk of Heart attack is about the same as smoking. One should follow the tips religiously.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.