Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I got a message on WhatsApp a few days back. It got viral for few days and then died out. I do not think that any action was taken against the school. One father dropped his 4 year old son to school. He forgot his lunch box. So he went bacey k to his house and brought it to school. When he reached there he saw 6-7 young 4-5 years old children standing in front of the gate of the school. Thwere not allowed to enter the school campus as they came by private van and were late. So this was the way to discipline these children who were just 4-5 years old. Some were crying badly and to add to the horror, the school gate is just on a heavy traffic main road. The father requested the guard but he refused, then he clicked the picture of those children and circulated in parents group. Finally the police came and did nothing. The principal threatened the father to expel his 4 year old if he continues this. At the end of the day, parents did nothing as they feared that children will be expelled from a prestigious school in mid of the year and there was no action. The child of the father who saw and reacted was given a TC at the end of the day. 

It was a shocking thing. How can one compromise with safety of children in name of discipline and prestigious school?? Parents could have united to save this father but poor thing he became victim of being a whistleblower though his child was not punished.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

I got a message on WhatsApp a few days back. It got viral for few days and then died out. I do not think that any action was taken against the school. One father dropped his 4 year old son to school. He forgot his lunch box. So he went bacey k to his house and brought it to school. When he reached there he saw 6-7 young 4-5 years old children standing in front of the gate of the school. Thwere not allowed to enter the school campus as they came by private van and were late. So this was the way to discipline these children who were just 4-5 years old. Some were crying badly and to add to the horror, the school gate is just on a heavy traffic main road. The father requested the guard but he refused, then he clicked the picture of those children and circulated in parents group. Finally the police came and did nothing. The principal threatened the father to expel his 4 year old if he continues this. At the end of the day, parents did nothing as they feared that children will be expelled from a prestigious school in mid of the year and there was no action. The child of the father who saw and reacted was given a TC at the end of the day. 

It was a shocking thing. How can one compromise with safety of children in name of discipline and prestigious school?? Parents could have united to save this father but poor thing he became victim of being a whistleblower though his child was not punished.

Its very shocking. How can the school authorities be so heartless to discipline the young children in such an unsafe way?? But parents are also responsible for such highhandedness of the school. They should ve been bold enough to protest against it

Arunima Singh wrote:

This is strange and sad that his child was terminated from the school, other parents should have retaliated as how can school authorities be so irresponsible also how can van driver leave kids outside the gate  action against him also be taken for the same.

There is fault from all sides , the parents who have not bother to make sure exactly what happens with their children once they are out of their sight , the school authorities and the van driver . As parents , we have to make sure about the safety of the child by talking to the child about it's day and generally making sure that there is nothing wrong happening.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I totally agree with Usha. We lack that social awareness about child's  right and safety everywhere. There are so many cases where children are victim and still no strict action is taken. We have sad cases of child abuse ( physical, mental and sexual) reported every day and many go unreported. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

That is a common scenario. Even I was detained outside school gate just because I was a few minutes late. But now a days I think the school authorities are much more responsible and things are changing because parents are much more aware.

@ usha I agree thats the reason why we talk to our kids about what they did in the school and encourage them to speak even the smallest thing they experienced when they were out from home. As a parent we need to develop that trust among our kids so that they may not hide anything from us. Then only we will be able to safeguard our kids from others. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.