In assembly election congress made promise that we will excuse loan of farmers with is 10 days. But after 10 month farmers are waiting for it. Yesterday one farmer in Ganganagar district committed suicide. He wrote in suicide letter that CM Ashok Gahlot and Dy CM Sachin is responsible for my suicide. He wrote that they didn't excuse loan till the day. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This seems to have spread all over the place regardless of what party is in power. Maharashtra is leading in farmers suicide with Karnataka and Andhra not far behind. Do the leaders care ? They go about tneir routine ,driving up and down in govt given comfortable cars, enjoying a luxurious lifestyle with their families, all expenses taken care of by the tax payers.. So what if a few farmers commit suicide? It will be forgotten after a few weeks or months, that seems to be the attitude.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

BJP will face a spiralling down to earth loss if it does not keep farmers first. What is the use of infrastructure and Make in India when the people who feed the Country are only dying?

Is Modi even caring and showing any intent in farmers case? I don't think so. He feels that just by creating some policies and projects it can be done. But the ground reality is far different.

Hope Modi understands this to make the lives of the farmers realistically and practically better.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:

This seems to have spread all over the place regardless of what party is in power. Maharashtra is leading in farmers suicide with Karnataka and Andhra not far behind. Do the leaders care ? They go about tneir routine ,driving up and down in govt given comfortable cars, enjoying a luxurious lifestyle with their families, all expenses taken care of by the tax payers.. So what if a few farmers commit suicide? It will be forgotten after a few weeks or months, that seems to be the attitude.

It is right condition of farmers, marginal farmers are not good in country. They are not getting profitable price of their crops. Here farming is depends of monsoon. So If monsoon is week in some years it is not possible for farmers to recover input cost. 

epraneeth77 wrote:

BJP will face a spiralling down to earth loss if it does not keep farmers first. What is the use of infrastructure and Make in India when the people who feed the Country are only dying?

Is Modi even caring and showing any intent in farmers case? I don't think so. He feels that just by creating some policies and projects it can be done. But the ground reality is far different.

Hope Modi understands this to make the lives of the farmers realistically and practically better.

As far as I know, Modi Government has been giving importance to the farmers. They have introduced programs that would benefit farmers at every step from the seed procurement, irrigation to even deal with events in case there is crop failure. The Kisan fasal Bima Yojna ensures that they do not suffer in case there is crop failure. The problems lies in effective implementation of the program and lack of awareness among the farmers.

Its really sad that they become had to commit suicide without getting benefits.

jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

As far as I know, Modi Government has been giving importance to the farmers. They have introduced programs that would benefit farmers at every step from the seed procurement, irrigation to even deal with events in case there is crop failure. The Kisan fasal Bima Yojna ensures that they do not suffer in case there is crop failure. The problems lies in effective implementation of the program and lack of awareness among the farmers.

Yes, I have also heard about the many initiatives of the Modi government which are progressive and not like Congress which always gives only waiver and nothing else.

But the implementation part is really poor. I think the Adminstration person of these policies should be handed to a reliable person/persons.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Getting benefit of Kisan Fasal Bima Yojna is not easy. Insurance companies paid on the basis of loss in a village. If one farmer crops destroyed than he is not eligible for claim. Low cost farming is helpful.

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Getting benefit of Kisan Fasal Bima Yojna is not easy. Insurance companies paid on the basis of loss in a village. If one farmer crops destroyed than he is not eligible for claim. Low cost farming is helpful.

I did not get this, if anyone takes Kisan Fasal Bima Yojna, he will be eligible for Insurance cover on crops, right? If the crops are destroyed then he has to get insurance...

jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

I totally agree with that, giving financial aid and loan waiver is not enough. They need to be educated about their own rights and what help is available to them.  Most of them being illiterate, have no access to any information. So there is need to set up centers that give them all the necessary help regarding debt management and be able to sell their produce for the best available buyer, be it govt run co ops or private companies 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

I did not get this, if anyone takes Kisan Fasal Bima Yojna, he will be eligible for Insurance cover on crops, right? If the crops are destroyed then he has to get insurance...

You are right but a single farmer is not eligible for claim. If crops of whole village are destroyed then they are eligible for claim. For claim village is unit.

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

I totally agree with that, giving financial aid and loan waiver is not enough. They need to be educated about their own rights and what help is available to them.  Most of them being illiterate, have no access to any information. So there is need to set up centers that give them all the necessary help regarding debt management and be able to sell their produce for the best available buyer, be it govt run co ops or private companies 

I don't know much about farmers of South India. But in North in some states like Haryana Punjab and Rajasthan farmers are enough literate. they are using internet. Here they also have facilities to sell their crops. Main problem in price of crops. Government declares MSP every years but it is not enough. System is not fair. Buying system of MSP have many if buts.  For example government makes rule,  that we will buy only decided quantity of crop. It is not fair.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.