Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I would like to share an information which i remember read from a website.
"Only 35 to 40% of your muscles are used in daily activities. Rest of the muscles remain inactive. Surya Namaskar is a physical exercise where almost 95% to 97% of your muscles are switched on to active mode. They remain active, hours ahead during the day, till you recharge them the next morning."
thanks Nagalakshmi for sharing some additional information on this great habit. :)
Nagalakshmi and Neetu thank you for providing this nice information!
Actually Surya Namaskar itself is a complete exercise that if this were practised daily, at least 12 Suya Namaskars every day, there is no need for any other kind of exercise regimen! along with health benefits, it also helps in building concentration and mental alertness.

About 50-60 years ago, in the princely state of Aundh, near Satara in Maharashtra, Late Prince Bhavanrao Pantpratinidhi had made it compulsory in the schools for the students to practise Surya Namaskar daily. Many old-timers still vouch for the long-term benefits they gained out of it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is really very good news kalyani

I hope such things are needed in every school.. :)
It is good for employees to..hope companies can also implement such things for releving from stress.
Surya Namaskar accords overall strength and flexibility to the body. The simple exercises fight aging and rejuvenates the entire body. They nurture the higher emotions of love, peace, compassion, bringing about a sense of harmony and well-being. While performing the steps, breath coordination and awareness of the chakras is required. These exercises should be performed early in the morning, exposing your body to the sun's rays. But if, for some reason, it cannot be performed in the morning you may do so in the evening on an empty stomach, in a well ventilated room.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar:

* Tones up the digestive system by the alternate stretching and compression of abdominal organs. It activates digestion and gets rid of constipation and dyspepsia.
* Strengthens abdominal muscles.
* Thoroughly ventilates the lungs, and oxygenates the blood.
* Acts as detoxifying agent, by getting rid of enormous quantity of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases.
* Tones up the nervous system and improves memory.
* Promotes sleep and calms anxiety.
* Normalizes the activity of the endocrine glands - especially the thyroid gland.
* Refreshes the skin. Prevents Skin disorders.
* Improves muscle flexibility.
* In women, stimulates the breasts to help firmness normally. Restores any lost elasticity, through stimulation of glands and the strengthening of pectoral muscles.
* Suppresses menstrual irregularity and assists in easy childbirth.
* Prevents loss of hair and greying.
* Helps reduce fat.
* Reduces abnormal prominence of the Adam's apple.
* Eliminates unpleasant smells from the body.
* Lends grace and ease of movements to the body.
* Revives and maintains the spirit of youthfulness.
* Broadens chest and beautifies arms.
* Makes the spine and waist flexible.
* Produces health, strength, efficiency and longevity.
Wow!! Quite a list of great benefits!! At least this will now motivate me to do Surya Namaskars regularly!! :) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Though first few days would be really boring we will start to enjoy it once we reap the benefits. :) :)
Not only surya namaskar, all kind of yogas are very very important in our daily life..
Yes Sun is a God that we can see . Then we can say GOd is present and great.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.