Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Kalyani...

The paintings are really superb, I request Maverick to buy one for Boddunan future head office :)

It would be better to sell the paintings to Hotel Heads like The Taj or ITC as they can display them in their branches around India and the World ( plz dont be disappointed with share market wala buyers)...

Swetha Shenoy
By and By...your husband must a great traveler and you must have also accompanied him to various beautiful places?

Swetha Shenoy
hi kalyani
these paintings are really awesome.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
@Kalyani

My heart longs to re-start the poetry forum...do you remember it started with kumaresh and you? It was followed by Chinmoy,deepti,Rajani...

Since we have chinmoyji,Nagalakshmi and you back on forums,lets do it!!!!!

Swetha Shenoy
yes we all want to know something about your husbnd exihibition how it was going .
The second picture is a very good one.Regarding first I am not a man to say as it is related to religion.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
[quote]@Kalyani...

The paintings are really superb, I request Maverick to buy one for Boddunan future head office

It would be better to sell the paintings to Hotel Heads like The Taj or ITC as they can display them in their branches around India and the World ( plz dont be disappointed with share market wala buyers)... [/quote]

Thanks for your kind words Swetha! I would also like that - one painting for boddunan office :)

Yeah its kind of hard not to feel disappointed because of the amount of hard work and efforts that has gone into putting this show together! :( Anyway, its a matter of time, all good artists have to go through such times in their lives! :) The hotel people do buy paintings but through some fixed agents I guess!

[quote]@Kalyani

My heart longs to re-start the poetry forum...do you remember it started with kumaresh and you? It was followed by Chinmoy,deepti,Rajani...

Since we have chinmoyji,Nagalakshmi and you back on forums,lets do it!!!!![/quote]

This is a great idea, yes, let's do it again! Why don't you start? we will follow! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
wow...Kalyani you really have a very focused art in your husband!

But....correct me....what is share markets crash to do with this??

Thanks Swetha! Actually most of the art buyers and collectors are people who dabble in share markets! so crashing of the markets means no buyers!

Kalyani have you tried to sell paintings online? You can open your own online store (for free ofcourse) and sell your paintings from there. I never tried it but one of my friend sells quite a few of his paintings online. [/quote]

That's a nice idea and we have already tried it but the kind of art that sells online mainly is more of a pop art or affordable art category, which my husband does not do. Anyway thanks for your wishes!
Incidentally, which portal does your friend sell in?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
wow...Kalyani you really have a very focused art in your husband!

But....correct me....what is share markets crash to do with this??

Thanks Swetha! Actually most of the art buyers and collectors are people who dabble in share markets! so crashing of the markets means no buyers!

Kalyani have you tried to sell paintings online? You can open your own online store (for free ofcourse) and sell your paintings from there. I never tried it but one of my friend sells quite a few of his paintings online.

That's a nice idea and we have already tried it but the kind of art that sells online mainly is more of a pop art or affordable art category, which my husband does not do. Anyway thanks for your wishes!
Incidentally, which portal does your friend sell in?[/quote]

Kalyani, I would really want your hubby to give it a one more shot. I mean he has amazing talent and I hate it when artists don't get their due.

And yea, my friend paints in every portal possible though most of his paintings are abstract and culture specific. He is in the U.S. so he gets the advantage of easy shipping.

But it can really be done.

Here are my two cents on how to get your painting sold online:

1.Make a youtube video showcasing all your paintings.

2.Make two sites, one with your hubby name, which your husband already have and one with keyword domain..like buypaintingsonline.com,genuinepaintingsonline.com etc. I say the other site coz anyone who is looking to buy painting online would type in the keywords I mentioned like buy paintings online, genuine paintings online, cheap paintings online (here cheap means in terms of price) etc etc.

Getting traffic on these sites is easy and the traffic converts very well. Also you should realize that if you want to sell your art online you have to target the US market coz thats where people buy stuff online. Indians are very wary of buying online as of now and they would never buy a painting online, I knoe my parents won't. In this case you use your hubby's primary site to showcase his art and can serve as an portfolio for any prospective buyer.

I have many more suggestions but I can go on and on and will confuse you. So would stop here, but if you have any specific query you can shoot me a PM anytime.
Arun ,
you had pointed a very good idea to marketise all creativities.Thanks.
000203F2_2011-08-31.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.