Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
media is creating too much pressure for sachin which is true, but our little master will easily come out it sure. he will definately score his 100th centure on his next match for sure..

Vinu
now that the tour of australia is soon going to be held. I hope he scores his runs there and make his 100 th century.
Though I agree one day and test match formats are different but still a century is a century in international games. It would be a remarkable achievement by Sachin as he would be the only player in cricketing history who would be the owner of such a record...!
@Ajay

What I tried to point out is the basic illogicality in it and how our media overhypes it. Sachin's greatness is beyond question but the media tended to be a bit partial in their treatment some of the players who played or are playing in Sachin's times. Look at Jacques Kalis's Test average.On the strength of his bowling performance he's close to what Zaheer has done!
@Ajay

What I tried to point out is the basic illogicality in it and how our media overhypes it. Sachin's greatness is beyond question but the media tended to be a bit partial in their treatment some of the players who played or are playing in Sachin's times. Look at Jacques Kalis's Test average.On the strength of his bowling performance he's close to what Zaheer has done!

Exactly Chinmoy, the media tends to over do things and Sachin's case too is no different from it. Jack Kallis is a great all rounder and I think his achievement is not less than any other great players of the present era or yester years.

May be Media is sensing the fact that people in India love to hear only about Sachin. Similarly, media in South Africa try to portray Kallis as the greatest player of all times. Such regional preferences had always been there in the cricketing world.There are many examples of it in the past in the form of Gavaskar and Imran, Viv Richards and Kapil etc.

Take the instance of Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar. Media in the Carribean portrays Lara as the all time greatest batsman in comparison to Sachin while media in India craves for Sachin.

These regional preferences were there, are there and it would be there in future . Media would always try to take the advantage of this fact and tend to over do things which is neither desirable for the players or the spectators in the form of general public...! :)
Now a days media is creating a lot of expectations on every one so it creates some pressure on them.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

@ ajay

veruy well said...a point well explained....a survey conducted in australia about who the best batsman of all time is....the result...bradman won it..
sachin is also a normal man if they give so much pressure it cannot to take by tendulkar just live in a free way.
Now a days media is creating more hike than players in that pressure he is failing.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

government has now changed the laws to allow the bharat ratna to be awarded to sachin and dhyan chand.
The Bharat Ratna will now be awarded in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order "in any field of human endeavour" - covering almost all the fields
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.