Now a days most of the tunes of Bollywood are copied from any Indian or foreign songs. We can't even say whether it is original or copied.
Latest one is the hit song, 'Teri meri' copied from a Romanian Christian carol.
Music directors don't find shame in it and answering them as 'just inspirations'. Is it a right procedure? I think, it is good to copy good things, but with permission from the original composer. Also, full credit should be given to the original one. What do you have to say?
Check the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVLb7kbLJ64

Another one....both lyrics and tune stolen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uedvPmm4KBw

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sandhya,

It has been happening for years. Who doesnt copy the cat?

Look at Sharukh 's movie? Don copied from Don of Amitji?

Then the song in Mann 'Nasha ye pyar ka nasha hai' is copied from Italian song 'Lecasheme cantarey' and the telugu film picturised on gopichand also has this song' Maagadu votti maayagaley' which is copied from the italian song :(

Mera bharat copy cat mein mahan

Swetha Shenoy
Don was copied. But I think with permission. Also, they didn't hide it.

Don was copied in Tamil as Billa in 1980, I think Rajinikanth's hit movie. Billa 1 and this month, Billa 2 is also released with Ajith as hero.

In Malayalam, 'Shobharaj' with Mohanlal as hero in 80's.

Meera sandhu
i see a lot of English movies....and the strange thing is that I do find the same scene to have seen in some Hindi movie....Bollywood don't even take the pain of editing....they simply copy paste....

smriti
There is a film named Saaya. John Abraham was the hero. That film was that much inspired from a Hollywood movie that, it took some direct scenes of the original also...(Some scenes under the sea) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
Adaptation is fine but prducing clones are neither desirable not competent!
This is a strange thing in Hindi movies. You see old movies and you will feel refreshed.But same is not available in new movies. Nowadays marketting of the movie is the main concern. I think only some films in south are being made with new topics. So it is high time Bollywood learnt experimenting like Hollywood.
This is a strange thing in Hindi movies. You see old movies and you will feel refreshed.But same is not available in new movies. Nowadays marketting of the movie is the main concern. I think only some films in south are being made with new topics. So it is high time Bollywood learnt experimenting like Hollywood.

But many new directors are arising with new topics and new styles in Bollywood.
I think 2010 was such an year with films like Tere Bin Laden, Peepli live, Once upon A time in Mumbai, Debangg and many more.
But songs...really pathetic. Now a days composers are paying attention only to the quality of instruments used.

Meera sandhu
As a matter of fact, nothing is original. We get all ideas either from surroundings or nature directly or through others. It is best of acknowledge the source. As long as one odes not infringe on copyrights, this is okay. Otherwise this is a matter between the copy right holders and one who infringes the right. Le5 us not bother.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Bollywood has been copying movies from Marathi films for a long time now, and where music is concerned, it is no big surprise that latest songs are also copied, its just an old tradition!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is purely stealing one's hard work. But why don't government taking actions or enforcing laws in this matter?

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.