Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is purely stealing one's hard work. But why don't government taking actions or enforcing laws in this matter?

This is civil and not criminal matter in law. the courts will act only if a complaint is made by aggrieved party. If someone registers a trade name or copy right and the right is infringed, and the aggrieved party makes complaint, only then the court will take action.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]

This is civil and not criminal matter in law. the courts will act only if a complaint is made by aggrieved party. If someone registers a trade name or copy right and the right is infringed, and the aggrieved party makes complaint, only then the court will take action. [/quote]

Very true Gulshan, unfortunately there is a severe lack of protection of intellectual properties, I am sure this comes under that, isn't it? Only now there is some awakening on this front!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]

This is civil and not criminal matter in law. the courts will act only if a complaint is made by aggrieved party. If someone registers a trade name or copy right and the right is infringed, and the aggrieved party makes complaint, only then the court will take action.

Very true Gulshan, unfortunately there is a severe lack of protection of intellectual properties, I am sure this comes under that, isn't it? Only now there is some awakening on this front![/quote]

The government have limited resources. The priority should be to protect workers, women and downtrodden against abuse, rape and exploitation. The commercial offences like copy rights infringement must get last priority.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Very true Gulshan, unfortunately there is a severe lack of protection of intellectual properties, I am sure this comes under that, isn't it? Only now there is some awakening on this front!

The government have limited resources. The priority should be to protect workers, women and downtrodden against abuse, rape and exploitation. The commercial offences like copy rights infringement must get last priority. [/quote]
I agree but not not the last part since intellectual properties are the creations of many and are the sole livelihood means of such people, like my husband who is an artist. If tomorrow someone copies his design of sells prints of his paintings, then isn't that he would be losing his livelihood?? So this act should not get last priority but equal rights and as it is we have enough manpower resources to do that, only the willpower is lacking.

I completely agree with Kalyaniji

It really requires great effort to create something new. So laws must be enforced to protect creativity of a person.

For an artist, a creation is more important... even than his life and how will he able to withstand when he saw someone else gets credit of the work, he has done years before.

Meera sandhu
[quote]I completely agree with Kalyaniji

It really requires great effort to create something new. So laws must be enforced to protect creativity of a person.

For an artist, a creation is more important... even than his life and how will he able to withstand when he saw someone else gets credit of the work, he has done years before. [/quote]

Thanks Sandhya for seeing it my way.

Unfortunately it so happens that artisans and artists, be it a carpenter, a painter, a weaver etc. is not really appreciated in our society the same way as an engineer (even though he may not be using his skills and training for the benefit of our country) they are not protected by any law or acts which is miserable. China, USA, UK etc actually have enough laws and acts protecting their rights! these skills may not be the basics of livelihood but they contribute a whole lot more than many others culturally and aesthetically something that we Indians fail to understand!

Yes, I truely believe it is pure cheating to get credit for work done by some another person, without his knowledge. If someone's possessions are stolen, then police is there to help him. But no one take care of an artist, his feelings etc...if his work has been 'inspired' by some another person.
It is a good thing to copy good things...only if the original person gets its name. No artist will be asking for money, but its name (credit).

Meera sandhu
It's a global problem and India is very new to the concept of protection of intelectual property rights what is known as IPR. Being a signatory to the WTO agreement- we have to protect the intellectual property rights and our copyright laws are being suitably fine-tuned to meet this international obligation. I am sure we would see more action on this front in the years to come!
Thank you said by: vinodh
Ahem! the one who is copying the images from library of Chinmoy da's is writing against copying! :p

Chinmoy ji,please copy right your images!

I agree with Kalyani ji, the easiest way of copying is by words.Most of my articles gets copied too...

We can say we cant escape from copy cats!!
mafia_2012-01-27.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Swetha Shenoy
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 4651]}
I am a superior thief!! I too have stolen from some libraries!!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.