Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Has anyone heard Pandit V.J. Jogh's violin recital in raag 'Shyamkalyan'? I challenge no soul would be ever be bored!! A magical music experience!

I think, you have a little knowledge about classical music. Have you studied in your childhood days?
Can you give me a link of one such composition?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7204]}
Has anyone heard Pandit V.J. Jogh's violin recital in raag 'Shyamkalyan'? I challenge no soul would be ever be bored!! A magical music experience!

I think, you have a little knowledge about classical music. Have you studied in your childhood days?

I will check it after one week..please do provide me with a link....

I know nothing about Raga.....but I always felt close resemblence of two songs, though their tunes were entirely different...sung by vani Jayaram and Madhuri.....
Bole re pappi harar from guddi and Innenikku ....sandhyakal chaalicha of Guruvayoor Kesavan. Years later I found....both songs were based on a single raga....don't ask me which one

Meera sandhu
There are some Hindi film compositions of Manny Dey which are based on raaga.

Mannay dey is a singer, not composer

Meera sandhu

He is a singer and a famous composer as well - especially in Bengali. He was the assistant music director to S.D.Burman!

He is a singer and a famous composer as well - especially in Bengali. He was the assistant music director to S.D.Burman!

Really???? It's a new piece of knowledge......Can you name a few Hindi compositions of mannay Dey?
the most famous romantic number.....an evergreen hit....was sung by Manna Dey for Salil Chaudary(Chemmeen)

Meera sandhu
I think when You are alone Classical Is Good But when you Are in a Crowd Western Suit That Situation..............

I know nothing about Raga.....but I always felt close resemblence of two songs, though their tunes were entirely different...sung by vani Jayaram and Madhuri.....
Bole re pappi harar from guddi and Innenikku ....sandhyakal chaalicha of Guruvayoor Kesavan. Years later I found....both songs were based on a single raga....don't ask me which one

As long as Hindi film music composers made brilliant use of Hindustani Classical music we got great melodious immortal master pieces.Vani Jayram's song was one of those apt instances. There were composers who had equal mastery over both Indian as well as Western classical music like R.D.Burman,Salil Chowdury and others!
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

As long as Hindi film music composers made brilliant use of Hindustani Classical music we got great melodious immortal master pieces.Vani Jayram's song was one of those apt instances. There were composers who had equal mastery over both Indian as well as Western classical music like R.D.Burman,Salil Chowdury and others!

Except Hindusthani and Carnatic, what else classical music is there in our country? :whistle:
I think there are 72 ragas and it is common for both. Am I right? :whistle: :unsure:

Meera sandhu
I do not know more about raga's but I know sa re ga ma pa is same in all type of music.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.