Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Even if not abolished, some rules should be made. Comments should not be like chatting by just saying saying- Hello- How are you- Thanks etc.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes Gulshan, I agree that some rules and regulations are needed and it would be better if members voluntarily subject themselves to some discipline in this regard.
gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]I think that comments in articles be discontinued. It will be better to invite reviews on articles in not less than 250 characters. containing comments on language and style, contents, format and suggestions if any. The review should get 20 points.[/quote]

Definitely,giving points for reviews on articles is a good idea.But it would not be a good idea to discontinue with the comment system. Of course, points SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN for the comments. Sometimes, one feel like commenting in one line after going through the article.

For that matter,I don't understand the logic behind giving points for the comments.
We can give different suggestions but the main thing is that these suggestions should be read by some moderator and admin and appropriate decision should be taken against it.
Comments should be sensible and Author should approve it accordingly.
Even when a comment gets 3 or 5 negative votes it should be deleted.
Moderating each and every comment is very time consuming and complex task as there are hundreds of comments that are posting every day.

We are already having few plans of making reviews as point generators but not right now.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Yes..it will be very difficult to review all the comments especially in a site like this.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.