The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Another cerebral topic,thanks MC! Both India and Pakistan have staked their ego and prestige in occupation of these glaciers.The forbidding cost in terms of human lives and money makes me wonder if greater understanding could have sorted out this issue!

:)
This is a tactical decision that need be taken by Ministry of Defence and Armed forces in overall interest of national defence. Others have no role in such matter.

True..But we can definitely have our opinion on this.In other words its a question whether we can trust Pakistan.

Obviously, we cannot trust Pakistan. Even if we trust, this cannot be blind and we need monitor through intelligence. As regards actual policy on deployment of forces at any place, it is best to leave this to defence services and Ministry of Defence.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Another cerebral topic,thanks MC! Both India and Pakistan have staked their ego and prestige in occupation of these glaciers.The forbidding cost in terms of human lives and money makes me wonder if greater understanding could have sorted out this issue!

Understanding would definitely be more desirable and would bring peace, but understanding is between only those parties who trust each other and also keep their promises. We have only experienced the reverse case scenarios with Pakistan where they have broken their promises! Mush as I am against warfare, demilitarizing the glaciers would mean a direct threat to India, and also please do not forget that it is not a single country like Pakistan, but we also have the Chinese dragons who is already making great deal of efforts to occupy Indian lands. All occupations come with its own set of hazards and avalanches is one hazard that belongs to this, we can only pray for the safety of the Army personnel.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well, guys I know my opinion might sound stupid but this is what i observed

1. Throughout our mythology and history we have seen countries waging wars on land or in water, but Saichen glacier is not a land nor water but a melting glacier!!!!!!

2. How do we expect any person to survive the extreme cold and chill; let alone fight with each other? Thats why there are many occurances of avalanche, snow storm,etc and mass deaths not because of war, but of survival

3. Which person among us would like to go and live on a glacier that is melting? is it ethical even for a human?

4. Because it is a glacier, it is bound to melt from - pollution from waste, guns,etc and moreover, which kind of edible plant or animal (like chicken) will grow there for them to eat healthy?

5. I dont say that I support India or Pakistan, I support the living of humans, I understand the value of a loss of life, why dont India and Pakistan troops fight on land rather than on a glacier???

Swetha Shenoy
Well, guys I know my opinion might sound stupid but this is what i observed

1. Throughout our mythology and history we have seen countries waging wars on land or in water, but Saichen glacier is not a land nor water but a melting glacier!!!!!!

2. How do we expect any person to survive the extreme cold and chill; let alone fight with each other? Thats why there are many occurances of avalanche, snow storm,etc and mass deaths not because of war, but of survival

3. Which person among us would like to go and live on a glacier that is melting? is it ethical even for a human?

4. Because it is a glacier, it is bound to melt from - pollution from waste, guns,etc and moreover, which kind of edible plant or animal (like chicken) will grow there for them to eat healthy?

5. I dont say that I support India or Pakistan, I support the living of humans, I understand the value of a loss of life, why dont India and Pakistan troops fight on land rather than on a glacier???

Your response and thoughts are all logical, Swetha, something that is much similar to what I think and feel about this topic. But then do we live in a logical world??? The world at large is more political and politics, to me at least, is illogical. Although there is no necessity for guns and wars, they still exist! If those glaciers were left alone, the earth would remain the same
way it was meant to be, but there are others who will not leave it alone. So either be the first and be prepared to protect, or just go away and be prepared to defend against the outsiders !

Only the other day it was reported that not less than 100 Pakistani soldiers lost their lives in a blizzard! I just hope that a day would come when the governments all over the world would ponder over the mind-boggling sums being spent on so-called defence needs neglecting human development!
Only the other day it was reported that not less than 100 Pakistani soldiers lost their lives in a blizzard! I just hope that a day would come when the governments all over the world would ponder over the mind-boggling sums being spent on so-called defence needs neglecting human development!

Chinmoy, unfortunately it is the weaponry industry that fetches most governments their revenues, USA being the leader of all, so it is hardly likely that it is going to happen!! In fact, more money is earned from building and selling weapons than is wasted from using them in actual wars and occasional crossfires!

I think both the Country fears if the other country take advantage of demilitarization then what will happen? how they will give answer to the nation? Its the Nation respect.
So,Demilitarization is not possible.

I have read that,for some month, both country moves from the border,when the snow falls and after it ends they again come back.
It kind of mutual understanding.
But this could cost India.
Demilitarization means no safety there. The Militants and terrorist could easily come from there.

Want to make each day Accountable

Siachen glaciers is the highest battleground on earth.Maintenance of troops in the glaciated mountainous region ranging in the altitude of above 15,000 ft is costing immensely to both India and Pakistan in terms of monetary and human resources.After the avalanche that killed 120 pak troops discussions on demilitarizing the zone has again started.

Do you support demilitarizing Siachen glaciers?.

I doubt if there is any other possible solution to this other than go on protecting the area until some amicable solution is reached.Both the countries have been having blow hot blow cold , mostly blow cold diplomatic relationships and it is difficult to really think if any positive solutions can ever be reached..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Indian Government and Army can't take a risk of demilitarizing at Siachen. Also, we can't trust on Pakistan.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.