Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gen should be elder than girl that is our old culture. I think that is good and best for all. Nowadays we are not following that.

Yes in many of the couples I have seen wife older than the husband. :blink: It hardly matters if they have the same mental level otherwise in any case they cannot be a right couple. :)
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Friends I have got many answers from all of you. Thanks to all. Kindly answer me one more question. Why parents don't allow such marriages in which groom is much elder than bride?

Much older means that he is like an uncle/ father and not supposed to be fit as husband. I have seen one person who never takes his wife any where with him as he is asked whether the accompanying woman is his daughter.

Many years ago, I was at Tezpur. An officer came there with tow young girls. I believed they were his daughters. When his family was gone, I asked him about his wife. He said that the elder girl was his wife. What is the fun in marrying a girl who looks like a daughter or a woman who would look like mom.

Naturally parents will not permit such marriage. One funny incident is about Charles Shobh Raj in Nepal prison. Being in sixteen, he is interested in marrying a girl whose mother is also younger than him. Nepal politicians intervened and he could not marry the girl who was of age of his daughter.

I think Sobhraj did marry a very young Nepalese Girl sometime back while in Jail, may be he has moved down to someone even younger now lol...but again if the girl is willing , why ever not ?
Funnily enough I have seen that some of the most successful and happy marriages have been between older women and younger men.I think it has to do with the mental attitude of the couple, a certain maturity in thinking..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Friends I have got many answers from all of you. Thanks to all. Kindly answer me one more question. Why parents don't allow such marriages in which groom is much elder than bride?

Much older means that he is like an uncle/ father and not supposed to be fit as husband. I have seen one person who never takes his wife any where with him as he is asked whether the accompanying woman is his daughter.

Many years ago, I was at Tezpur. An officer came there with tow young girls. I believed they were his daughters. When his family was gone, I asked him about his wife. He said that the elder girl was his wife. What is the fun in marrying a girl who looks like a daughter or a woman who would look like mom.

Naturally parents will not permit such marriage. One funny incident is about Charles Shobh Raj in Nepal prison. Being in sixteen, he is interested in marrying a girl whose mother is also younger than him. Nepal politicians intervened and he could not marry the girl who was of age of his daughter.

I think Sobhraj did marry a very young Nepalese Girl sometime back while in Jail, may be he has moved down to someone even younger now lol...but again if the girl is willing , why ever not ?
Funnily enough I have seen that some of the most successful and happy marriages have been between older women and younger men.I think it has to do with the mental attitude of the couple, a certain maturity in thinking..

He wanted to marry that Nepalese girl. The girl's mother was an advocate. she also favored the marriage. But Charles Shobhraj could not marry owing to opposition.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Age gap is a serious matter.In old days age gap was very normal.But now a days girls did not want to marry a person who is just double of her age.It seems that they are marrying an uncle not a husband.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Age gap is a serious matter.In old days age gap was very normal.But now a days girls did not want to marry a person who is just double of her age.It seems that they are marrying an uncle not a husband.

Very true. Girls never liked to marry very old mismatching men. Now the girls are more assertive. Once my maternal cousin refused to accept a boy saying- Is he of my 'haan' (match). This was in early seventies.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The main problem is their would not understood properly so only many fights and mis understands will appear.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.