Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This difference lacks understanding between each other.Too much difference can become a gap between husband and wife.

Sharmistha Banerjee
understanding,love and respect is most important.

Too much gap between them is not safe for their relationship. Because their thoughts are different.

Be positive
This is duplicate thread. Please do not post new thread when there is already discussion on such matter.

Please see the following link. You may read entire discussion there and if there is anything new to add, do this there only.

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/230772-the-right-age-difference-for-partners.html?limitstart=0

I agree that the two threads are almost similar but my question is different from that thread. I want to know about the problems that may crop up if the age gap between husband and wife is more. In the previous thread, we were asked to comment regarding the right age difference between husband and wife.

This way, same issue can be phrased in different way and new thread made. Right age difference is that which will give you no problems. Thus, finding right age difference and problems arising from not following the right difference in age is same. Any issue is discussed in totality.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Friends I have got many answers from all of you. Thanks to all. Kindly answer me one more question. Why parents don't allow such marriages in which groom is much elder than bride?
I think, now it's changing..otherwise how Abhishek married Aiswarya???

From earlier ages itself, it was decided wives should respect their husbands. If wife is more aged than her husband, she won't respect him. So, it was the idea of our ancestors to create a mind set among youngsters that husband should be elder than wife...each generation is passing that information to next generation, still continuing. I think, it's the reason, nothing else. .....to make man dominant over woman.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
I think, now it's changing..otherwise how Abhishek married Aiswarya???

From earlier ages itself, it was decided wives should respect their husbands. If wife is more aged than her husband, she won't respect him. So, it was the idea of our ancestors to create a mind set among youngsters that husband should be elder than wife...each generation is passing that information to next generation, still continuing. I think, it's the reason, nothing else. .....to make man dominate over woman.

Thats Correct Sandhya... There is no as such reason. Just only male dominated Society from start, so their thinking develop like that only..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Friends I have got many answers from all of you. Thanks to all. Kindly answer me one more question. Why parents don't allow such marriages in which groom is much elder than bride?

Much older means that he is like an uncle/ father and not supposed to be fit as husband. I have seen one person who never takes his wife any where with him as he is asked whether the accompanying woman is his daughter.

Many years ago, I was at Tezpur. An officer came there with tow young girls. I believed they were his daughters. When his family was gone, I asked him about his wife. He said that the elder girl was his wife. What is the fun in marrying a girl who looks like a daughter or a woman who would look like mom.

Naturally parents will not permit such marriage. One funny incident is about Charles Shobh Raj in Nepal prison. Being in sixteen, he is interested in marrying a girl whose mother is also younger than him. Nepal politicians intervened and he could not marry the girl who was of age of his daughter.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar

Much older means that he is like an uncle/ father and not supposed to be fit as husband. I have seen one person who never takes his wife any where with him as he is asked whether the accompanying woman is his daughter.

Many years ago, I was at Tezpur. An officer came there with tow young girls. I believed they were his daughters. When his family was gone, I asked him about his wife. He said that the elder girl was his wife. What is the fun in marrying a girl who looks like a daughter or a woman who would look like mom.

Naturally parents will not permit such marriage. One funny incident is about Charles Shobh Raj in Nepal prison. Being in sixteen, he is interested in marrying a girl whose mother is also younger than him. Nepal politicians intervened and he could not marry the girl who was of age of his daughter.

It's Ok.....It won't look good if couples have age difference greater than 15, 20 or 30. Small differences are Ok....
No one should say, she/he is looking like your daughter/mother or son/father. I agree with this point. Also, as age passes by, if difference of age of couple is above 20, one of them may be left alone at his/her old age, which doesn't look fine :)

Meera sandhu
The only problem comes is the mental difference two people of same age think likewise.It happens there are clashes when there is the difference in thinking of two people living together. :blink:
Gen should be elder than girl that is our old culture. I think that is good and best for all. Nowadays we are not following that.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.