Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It happens with many people ! They are unable to let go and move on with their lives when they have had some unpleasant experiences in life .I personally feel that they are making it difficult for everyone around them by remaining morose and carrying the past burden on their shoulder all their life.I feel that one should move on in life instead of remaining in the past...

Its easy to say it but no one can forget the past. There are certain incidences which happen in every one's life and its hard to forget them more we try to forget them more we remember them.But yes ideally its better to forget past to make future better. :)

there is nothing like time which heals everything, so one only has to make an effort to make the natural healing process faster so that we dont waste precious moments of our life grieving..

But sometime we should not forget the past as they may have taught us something which we may have found useful through out for life :) .I normally don't forget the good experiences which I have encountered in the past and the ones which are more painful I tend to forget them but sometimes they appear in the dreams but yes with the time we forget them. :)
It happens with many people ! They are unable to let go and move on with their lives when they have had some unpleasant experiences in life .I personally feel that they are making it difficult for everyone around them by remaining morose and carrying the past burden on their shoulder all their life.I feel that one should move on in life instead of remaining in the past...

Its easy to say it but no one can forget the past. There are certain incidences which happen in every one's life and its hard to forget them more we try to forget them more we remember them.But yes ideally its better to forget past to make future better. :)

there is nothing like time which heals everything, so one only has to make an effort to make the natural healing process faster so that we dont waste precious moments of our life grieving..

But sometime we should not forget the past as they may have taught us something which we may have found useful through out for life :) .I normally don't forget the good experiences which I have encountered in the past and the ones which are more painful I tend to forget them but sometimes they appear in the dreams but yes with the time we forget them. :)

Definitely ! Past is the stepping stone for the present and we are learning all the time in life, more so through the mistakes we make and the tragedies we face ...No doubt Painful experiences leave a permanent mark on us , but we have to go on, there is no other way..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We can never forget past, there may be those who are able to and they are exceptional cases, but what is more important is whether we learn anything from those past experiences or whether we keep grieving about them all the time is the difference! My philosophy is do not forget but also do not let it stop you from moving on! Or else life will become one big stagnant muddy puddle!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Definitely ! Past is the stepping stone for the present and we are learning all the time in life, more so through the mistakes we make and the tragedies we face ...No doubt Painful experiences leave a permanent mark on us , but we have to go on, there is no other way..

That is what makes us humans, so different from other living species! Ability to experience grief and being able to move on with it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Exactly the incidence in the past need not to be remembered such that it may effect our present :blink: we must move a head thinking these incidences happen rarely and learn from these so that we may not repeat or get hurt from such incidences in future. :)
Whether you like to shed your past or not , it would always stay with us - inseparably woven into our present and future! How we react,interact with it - that's the central question. Some failures pulverize someone to pieces and exactly the same ones go to steel someone's mind to ensure ultimate success. Basically it all depends on how we interpret our past. We just can't wish away our past!

That is what makes us humans, so different from other living species! Ability to experience grief and being able to move on with it!

When you see the kind of tragedies people face, ours seems very small.There was a incident that happened in Delhi when two teenagers on their way to music concert , children of an army officer were kidnapped, the girl raped in front of her brother and later both were stabbed and killed.The incident had shocked the country and the manner in which the crime was committed was gruesome .I really cant imagine what the parents must have gone through.I saw an interview of her where she said, I am a living dead ,now with my children , but I have other duties and people who depend on me, so I carry on here...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Past is past.We should not hold our past experiences.We just have to make our present and future better and best.

Sharmistha Banerjee

It's true, we pass our life through a lot of experiences and we learn more from our experiences than books. :evil: . Some of them got buried in the past as time move forward while some other remain in our heart. Even if we try or not, it's sure some will stay in the deep hidden corridors where no one can reach. Some of them we see as dreams, some of them we treasure as pearls.....yet the truth is that, we should move on and break the chains of bad memories. Otherwise, how can we collect new dreams and treasures? :whistle:

Meera sandhu
Whether you like to shed your past or not , it would always stay with us - inseparably woven into our present and future! How we react,interact with it - that's the central question. Some failures pulverize someone to pieces and exactly the same ones go to steel someone's mind to ensure ultimate success. Basically it all depends on how we interpret our past. We just can't wish away our past!

I agree with that ! Some people are able to move on more easily while some who are very set in their ways find it difficult to move on and forget things esp when there has been some injustice done to them.i have seen people nursing revenge all their life for others inspite of being approached for a compromise !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.