Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I never wore Khadi dress. This is politician's dress. I also never carry jute hand bags. I used to carry leather handbag. But now, I don carry any.

I am seeing Congress people in Khadi everywhere. Now it's seen as a symbol of Khadi. I don't know why

Friends Khadi is traditional Indian wearing. It is said by the freedom fighters that a true patriot will always wear Khadi. They boycotted all foreign goods and clothes.

I think politicians are seen in Khadi because they want to show themselves as true followers of the patriots. Gandhiji and all freedom fighters wore Khadi and protested against the British rule. At that time, mind of the people was different.

Now Khadi is also part of fashion. We may consider it as out of fashion and boring. The true fact is, the simplicity of Khadi is alive. Even today also people feel comfortable in Khadi dresses. Jute bags are also attractive though they are not at all expensive. It makes you look simple and decent.

May be due to the dirty colours of politicians, whenever I think about Khadi, see a Congress leader in front of me asking for votes :S :S
But Khadi saris are very expensive

Meera sandhu
Khadi was symbol of Swadeshi. But now that has lost significance. Now there are textile machines in India and so all clothes are Swadeshi (indigenous)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
I love wearing khadi clothes particularly the kurtas. I wear them as it is very comfortable and nowadays so many beautiful khadi clothes are available. I also like to use the jute bags as it is eco-friendly but unfortunately in our place, jute bags are not available.
We can get good cotton dresses available in khadi. Cotton lover can purchase dresses from kadhi

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
I love wearing khadi clothes particularly the kurtas. I wear them as it is very comfortable and nowadays so many beautiful khadi clothes are available. I also like to use the jute bags as it is eco-friendly but unfortunately in our place, jute bags are not available.

I too love Khadi kurtas and nowadays you get many colorful cotton duppattas that can be used over salwar kameez as well as a stole over Jeans, they look very nice. Jute bags and carpets are eco friendly and easy to maintain .It is unfortunate that you are not able to get Jute bags at your place ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No I don't wear Khadi dress. Once upon a time I bought Khadi Kurta and used to wear it but since then I have never bought anything made of Khadi. :blink:
I like this clothes because it is very comfortable and free from any color.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I have a khadi kurta. I feel very comfortable in it. Khadi is made in India.

Khadi is also movement aimed at boycotting foreign goods by Gandhiji.

Be positive

It is not, It was before we gained freedom.Fortunately for those who love aesthetics, khadi has come a long way from merely being a drab, dull and coarse cloth!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is not, It was before we gained freedom.Fortunately for those who love aesthetics, khadi has come a long way from merely being a drab, dull and coarse cloth!

You must visit Gandhi Ashrams and see the range of Khadi. You shall never believe your eyes looking at the price tags especially the varieties under silk khadi.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.