Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In that case let's put it this way, that a team of second officers are responsible to navigate a ship and the captain of the ship at the helms of the affairs. Yes that is true the smaller ships of olden days or still available in backwaters are controlled by helmsmen.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Now both Captain and Chief Engineer has equal status as regards pay structure and responsibilities are concerned, and all registered ships have the same structure where there is a captain and an engineer and their respective teams .Since old ships are scrapped after they reach a certain age , the only vessels that are around and function now have to have a certain standard otherwise they dont get a licence...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@sharon maha first many spelling mistake in your post.
Ship is not drived by any one, But the head is called Captain.

Ram, any kind of vehicles, airplane, train or whatever are never 'drived' they are 'driven' hope you get my drift!!
I hope you read this and correct your own post!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Now both Captain and Chief Engineer has equal status as regards pay structure and responsibilities are concerned, and all registered ships have the same structure where there is a captain and an engineer and their respective teams .Since old ships are scrapped after they reach a certain age , the only vessels that are around and function now have to have a certain standard otherwise they dont get a licence...

I always thought that in general terms, the ones who piloted the ship were called sailors and if we go into all those details, we have the B'sun or Bosun, the navigating officer, petty officer etc. :lol:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I always thought that in general terms, the ones who piloted the ship were called sailors and if we go into all those details, we have the B'sun or Bosun, the navigating officer, petty officer etc. :lol:

Yes KLalyani, :) the general term used is sailor for anyone who is working on a ship. but there is a hierarchy there.There are so many different departments, an electrician, purser etc ..Bosun is very well known since he is the chief deck hand ..the deck or the navigating officers and the engineers are different and the ship's crew are different

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Sometimes the small ship drivers are called Captain. Otherwise pilot is always true for all drivers.
In case of a big ship, many people are required to sail the ship. Thus different designations are given to them according to the work they do, as what Kalyaniji has mentioned in the above post. Hence We cannot call the driveres by single name.
In case of a computerised ships, it is sailed automatically just bet pressing few buttons. Those ships are not in India.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.