Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Every MNC is following its own dress codes. what is your opinion on this?

They dont have a uniform dress code but a formal dress code where the employees are supposed to wear formal shirt,trousers ,tie and shoes on most days except Fridays when they can wear casual dresses including jeans ...This is what Infosys employees wear , am not sure if the same rule applies to other MNCs as well ! I think it is good have some kind of dress code so that the y all look presentable and dignified ..

I remember when I used to work grave-yard shifts for a US client, we had relaxation in dress code and could wear casuals every day (night) but then many started misusing it and started wearing shorts, Bermudas etc.with wrinkled T's and some girls used to be so casual, that they used to apply face-masks on their faces while working. One night, a CEO happened to walk in and he was totally flabbergasted and the very next day, a strict dress code was inflicted on us too!!! :laugh:

Actually, wearing a proper dress for work gives us a sense of responsibility and seriousness to work. Casual dresses while working make us casual in work approach as well. So a formal dress code is a must for all!

LOL, this still happens in some small companies where they take it too easy...but I too feel that it is better to have a dress code so that everyone looks professional and presentable, now even in private banks they follow a dress code more like a uniform dress code ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

They dont have a uniform dress code but a formal dress code where the employees are supposed to wear formal shirt,trousers ,tie and shoes on most days except Fridays when they can wear casual dresses including jeans ...This is what Infosys employees wear , am not sure if the same rule applies to other MNCs as well ! I think it is good have some kind of dress code so that the y all look presentable and dignified ..

I remember when I used to work grave-yard shifts for a US client, we had relaxation in dress code and could wear casuals every day (night) but then many started misusing it and started wearing shorts, Bermudas etc.with wrinkled T's and some girls used to be so casual, that they used to apply face-masks on their faces while working. One night, a CEO happened to walk in and he was totally flabbergasted and the very next day, a strict dress code was inflicted on us too!!! :laugh:

Actually, wearing a proper dress for work gives us a sense of responsibility and seriousness to work. Casual dresses while working make us casual in work approach as well. So a formal dress code is a must for all!

LOL, this still happens in some small companies where they take it too easy...but I too feel that it is better to have a dress code so that everyone looks professional and presentable, now even in private banks they follow a dress code more like a uniform dress code ...

I think that in a MNC, we should look professional and to look that we should have dress code.

Want to make each day Accountable

Focusing too much on dresscode really creates the problems.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

There is nothing like too much or too less in matter of dress code. If dress code is prescribed, you must adhere to that. There can be no problem other than that you wish to wear casuals or what you like. Dress code means discipline that must be enforced.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You either have a dress code which you follow strictly or you don't have a dress code - there is no question of too much or too little about it. Once you decide to have a dress code you have to follow it and see that everyone follows it otherwise it defeats the very purpose for which it was implemented in the first place ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A dress code minimizes the problems. How does it create problems ? Please elaborate a little for us.

Live in the present :)
I don't think this is childish. Actually this is good. Whole world can identify the employees looking at their dress code. It actually looks decent, smart and unique. After all we go to office for doing our job . Hence uniform will make them look similar.

I think there could be some sort of relaxtion in dress code in companies.

I don't think this is childish. Actually this is good. Whole world can identify the employees looking at their dress code. It actually looks decent, smart and unique. After all we go to office for doing our job . Hence uniform will make them look similar.

I think there could be some sort of relaxtion in dress code in companies.

You cant have it both ways, either you have a dress code or you don't have... In many companies they are relaxed during weekends - first of all most MNCs work only 5 days but many still go and work during weekends and they don't need to wear uniforms..

Uniform creates an identity. There is nothing wrong having a dress code

Uniform creates an identity. There is nothing wrong having a dress code

I am not talking about uniforms. Talking about dress codes. Monday - Friday, Full Formals. Weekends - Semi Formals (Casual with shoes). It is horrible.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.