The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Why?
Are fridays special in Tamil nadu?

Meera sandhu
Our India became popular and attracted by the foreigners only by seeing our traditional activities and traditional clothes we wear. But now a days everyone are adopting foreign culture and changing our traditional look. So guys atleast on the festival days let us wear traditional dress. I hope many of you will do this to make our India look beautiful. :)

Tradition has gone into oblivion. Swept away by the tornado of western culture
Our India became popular and attracted by the foreigners only by seeing our traditional activities and traditional clothes we wear. But now a days everyone are adopting foreign culture and changing our traditional look. So guys atleast on the festival days let us wear traditional dress. I hope many of you will do this to make our India look beautiful. :)

Tradition has gone into oblivion. Swept away by the tornado of western culture

Dear Bodunaan Family Members, Deepavali (The Festival of Lights) is coming on 13 November 2012. I do not know how many of you are going to celebrate. If celebrate, please do it in traditional wears. Let us start wearing traditional wears atleast in festival days from this year itself.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
In Kolkata most women during the Durga puja wear traditional sarees.And also in some special occasions.

I love those White and red bengal silk sarees and the traditional white and red bangles that go with that....looks so pretty.I have one of those which I had bought long back while I had visited Calcutta...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think you have exaggerated. People do wear traditional clothes during festivals, even in metro cities. At least some people if not all. In the rural areas all people wear traditional dresses on festivals.

Mala Jaiswar
I think you have exaggerated. People do wear traditional clothes during festivals, even in metro cities. At least some people if not all. In the rural areas all people wear traditional dresses on festivals.

Mala, In rural areas almost all the days in the year, they wear traditional wears only, not only during festivals.

Traditional dress looks beautiful when worn.They had its own charm.During puja I preferred to wear the traditional dress.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Ushaji the white and red bangles which most Bengalis wore is called Sankha and pola.The white bangle is called sankha and red one is called pola.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I see a lot of people wearing Kerala Sari and dhoti on CHingam month (first month of Malayalam - Onam season) and on November first - when Kerala state was formed. Otherwise it's rare to see that off-white sari, except during functions.
Yet some ladies prefer to wear it in churches and temples

Deepavali (The Festival of Lights) November 13, I would like the people who celebrate Diwali to wear traditional dress at least for an hour (while praying).

I see a lot of people wearing Kerala Sari and dhoti on CHingam month (first month of Malayalam - Onam season) and on November first - when Kerala state was formed. Otherwise it's rare to see that off-white sari, except during functions.
Yet some ladies prefer to wear it in churches and temples

Deepavali (The Festival of Lights) November 13, I would like the people who celebrate Diwali to wear traditional dress at least for an hour (while praying).

Robert have you bought your traditional dress for deepavali.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.