The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My brother used to wear dhoti and shirt on festival days.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
I see a lot of people wearing Kerala Sari and dhoti on CHingam month (first month of Malayalam - Onam season) and on November first - when Kerala state was formed. Otherwise it's rare to see that off-white sari, except during functions.
Yet some ladies prefer to wear it in churches and temples

Guys, let us start practising wearing traditional dresses during festivals at least from this Diwali, the festival of lights 13 th Nov.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
:) hello, it is not true. Indian traditional dress have their own attraction. More over serials on TV is showing Indian dresses. We can't say trousers and shirts foreign dress.

Traditional dresses are very attractive on both men and ladies and it is a good thing that serials are going all out to show them to their advantage, however trousers and shirts are Western dresses, which have now become very much part of our society as well..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yesterday was Kerala Piravi.....so working people and college students prefer Kerala dress more......
Another day is Chingam 1st...... Both these days are celebrated this way

Meera sandhu
Yesterday was Kerala Piravi.....so working people and college students prefer Kerala dress more......

The off white/cream and gold bordered two piece mundu and veshti is very nice, I had bought a set while I was in Cochin/Munnar last year and also a saree with similar tones. I saw that even for the wedding that we attended most ladies wore only that color , very few wore dark colored vibrant silk sarees , mostly outsiders like us...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The off white/cream and gold bordered two piece mundu and veshti is very nice, I had bought a set while I was in Cochin/Munnar last year and also a saree with similar tones. I saw that even for the wedding that we attended most ladies wore only that color , very few wore dark colored vibrant silk sarees , mostly outsiders like us...

Let me tell you...
Balaramapuram handlooms is most famous of Kerala saris.....and Balaramapuram is a biggest handloom industry of Kerala. Though it was much popular during the reign of Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama varma (name of place derived from his name), the last king of Travancore, it has lost its golden ages.....
Yet many people are still there who opt for Balaramapuram handlooms than machine made set saris and dhotis.
Place is very near to my home town and just 5 kms away from Kovalam, my hubby's home.
I had one school friend, chitra who lives here in one of the streets. They speak Tamil and whole people belong to her caste are traditionally engaged in this industry.

I bought a handloom sari in 98 for just 500. Now also it remains the same.
For marriage I bought one set mundu from my friend's handloom shop. It's really worth.

But people make it business, you know.
Many sell low quality handloom Kerala saris and dhotis in the name of Balaramapuram.....

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Let me tell you...
Balaramapuram handlooms is most famous of Kerala saris.....and Balaramapuram is a biggest handloom industry of Kerala. Though it was much popular during the reign of Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama varma (name of place derived from his name), the last king of Travancore, it has lost its golden ages.....
Yet many people are still there who opt for Balaramapuram handlooms than machine made set saris and dhotis.
Place is very near to my home town and just 5 kms away from Kovalam, my hubby's home.
I had one school friend, chitra who lives here in one of the streets. They speak Tamil and whole people belong to her caste are traditionally engaged in this industry.

For marriage I bought one set mundu from my friend's handloom shop. It's really worth.

Many sell low quality handloom Kerala saris and dhotis in the name of Balaramapuram.....

Almost 95% of the women in south india wear traditional dresses on festival days. Only Men dont follow this.

In Kolkata most women during the Durga puja wear traditional sarees.And also in some special occasions.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Let me tell you...

Almost 95% of the women in south india wear traditional dresses on festival days. Only Men dont follow this.

You are wrong.....men are also the same.....
In Kerala, Dhoti is common

Meera sandhu

Let me tell you...

You are wrong.....men are also the same.....
In Kerala, Dhoti is common

In tamilnadu, women wear saree on fridays. But men wont. All days pant shirt only.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.