Today when my opened my newspaper pages, one car accident stayed in my heart. It took the life of 4 boys below 20 years age when their car fell into a river. Whenever I read such incidents, I always feel the need to learn swimming as a safety measure. I don't know to swim. What about you?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Today when my opened my newspaper pages, one car accident stayed in my heart. It took the life of 4 boys below 20 years age when their car fell into a river. Whenever I read such incidents, I always feel the need to learn swimming as a safety measure. I don't know to swim. What about you?

Yes, I know swimming. It will be of use at the time of need.
Yes, I think everyone should learn swimming seeing it as a safety measure.
But my hubby told, if you don't learn in your childhood, you can't learn it later, your body won't float on water. Is it true?

He knows swimming

Meera sandhu
I also don't know to swim. But in some situations we think I wish I could do something
I also do not know how to swim. Every skill helps. Generally, I do not travel by river. so, lack of this skill does not matter so much. I remember as story. Once three persons, mathematician, doctor and poet were travelling in a boat. On the way, the mathematician asked the boatmen whether he knew some maths. The boatmen replied- No. The mathematician told that he had wasted 25% of his life. similarly, the doctor and poet said. Hence boatman had wasted 75% of his life. Soon, storm rocked the boat. The boatman asked- Do you know swimming. all the three said- NO. Then boatman said- You have wasted entire life. The storm will drown. I shall swim and go across.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Rajani K
I also do not know how to swim. Every skill helps. Generally, I do not travel by river. so, lack of this skill does not matter so much. I remember as story. Once three persons, mathematician, doctor and poet were travelling in a boat. On the way, the mathematician asked the boatmen whether he knew some maths. The boatmen replied- No. The mathematician told that he had wasted 25% of his life. similarly, the doctor and poet said. Hence boatman had wasted 75% of his life. Soon, storm rocked the boat. The boatman asked- Do you know swimming. all the three said- NO. Then boatman said- You have wasted entire life. The storm will drown. I shall swim and go across.

Yes, I have learnt this story in my school text book. :)

Meera sandhu
No I don't know swimming but I want to learn. I think everybody should learn swimming. It is a life saver if one drowns in water. There have been a number of deaths by floods, tsunamis and drowning in rivers and oceans.

Mala Jaiswar
I learnt swimming when I was in class 5.And I can swim very well.I learnt swimming in a pond near by my house.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I never learnt swimming. But I used to have interest in learning it.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I never learnt swimming. But I used to have interest in learning it.

I love swimming for hours together. It keeps us fresh for a long time.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Yes I know swimming .
Actually villagers learn it quickly as they mostly go to pond or river to bath. Towners have no option. To learn it they have to go a swimming club.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.