Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I feel that every one should need to learnt all the skills like swimming, driving vehicles, cooking and some basic things

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I don't know to swim, but i could swim when needed. I have learnt the technique to swim from my cousin brother.

Want to make each day Accountable

Nowadays in schools swimming has become a special activity and compulsory for every student to take part in it.I think its good to learn.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I feel that every one should need to learnt all the skills like swimming, driving vehicles, cooking and some basic things

It is not feasible to learn everything. One should only know the limitations. I do not know swimming but this fact makes me cautious of entering deep water. I shall not dive in river and so no fear. But one who is expert swimmer may drown.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree, but these are basic things Gulshanji, swimming can be learnt by going to classes, driving as usual every one learn, cooking with the mom we can learn at home. So simple

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Even I don't know swimming but I agree we should learn swimming who knows when we need it. Its sad to know that those boys were drowned had they knew swimming they would have been safe, :blink:

I just want to add one thing to the point that they could have survive if proper safety measure were there to reach shore.. mostly in foreign countries they follow strict rules but in India every rule is there to break.

Recently some btech students (1st year) died due to breaking the rules.. they know swimming but when danger is there they shouldn't venture..

Let me tell you how this unfortunate incident took place......now newspapers filled with this news only...
It happened in Kodungallur of Thrissur district (my previous residence)

There is a place called Azhicode, the place where lake and sea meets. So transportation not possible.
Since no roads, to provide transportation, big boats are there.
Two sides there will be roads....in between ..water...
So, these boats take vehicles and people to the next bank. Such places are common in Kerala as it is a land of backwaters. While travelling this distance of around 1 km, it's a nice experience.

This incident happened in the night and no one at the port. Port was open....(no safety measures).
These kids were travelling through this place for the first time.
So, they didn't know that the road ends there :blink:
They drive the car as if it was a normal road and directly fell into the deep river. That bank was very deep, providing space for that boat to take trucks/transport buses/cars etc to next bank.
So, those boys directly fell to water...4 of them died and I think, 3 escaped.

I dont know about this incidence you have stated above... I was referring to some other incidence at our place where 4 btech student ventured into sea by breaking rules.... There were girls also in the list.. i was surprised to here that... They were just 17 years old.. very sad.. the post mortem report showed traces of liquor in the stomach..only one boy survived.
Rajani,
It's an accident that took place this week....not a past one

Meera sandhu
Rajani,

Oh really its unfortunate thing but here they didn't break any rules like the one I stated ...
Rajani,

Oh really its unfortunate thing but here they didn't break any rules like the one I stated ...

It was so unfortunate that they misinterpreted the lake as road

Meera sandhu
I don't know swimming. But I always wish to learn swimming.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.