Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I learnt swimming when I was in class 5.And I can swim very well.I learnt swimming in a pond near by my house.

There is no equivalent exercise for swimming. It is the only exercise for the whole body.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
I have fear for water and it made me mostly stay away from learning swimming. While in my childhood a small mishap made me fear for water but I think everyone should know swimming.
I have fear for water and it made me mostly stay away from learning swimming. While in my childhood a small mishap made me fear for water but I think everyone should know swimming.

Well Said Rajani. Everone should know swimming and should swim at least a day per week since it si a good exercise as well.

I think it would be better if each and every school starts teaching swimming to its students.

Even I don't know swimming but I agree we should learn swimming who knows when we need it. Its sad to know that those boys were drowned had they knew swimming they would have been safe, :blink:
Even I don't know swimming but I agree we should learn swimming who knows when we need it. Its sad to know that those boys were drowned had they knew swimming they would have been safe, :blink:

Sanjeev, Don't delay. Start learning swimming at least from this weekend.

I think it would be better if each and every school starts teaching swimming to its students.

Schools offer facility for swimming presently but some cann't afford it, so they neglect to learn it.

I just want to add one thing to the point that they could have survive if proper safety measure were there to reach shore.. mostly in foreign countries they follow strict rules but in India every rule is there to break.

Recently some btech students (1st year) died due to breaking the rules.. they know swimming but when danger is there they shouldn't venture..

I just want to add one thing to the point that they could have survive if proper safety measure were there to reach shore.. mostly in foreign countries they follow strict rules but in India every rule is there to break.

Recently some btech students (1st year) died due to breaking the rules.. they know swimming but when danger is there they shouldn't venture..

Let me tell you how this unfortunate incident took place......now newspapers filled with this news only...
It happened in Kodungallur of Thrissur district (my previous residence)

There is a place called Azhicode, the place where lake and sea meets. So transportation not possible.
Since no roads, to provide transportation, big boats are there.
Two sides there will be roads....in between ..water...
So, these boats take vehicles and people to the next bank. Such places are common in Kerala as it is a land of backwaters. While travelling this distance of around 1 km, it's a nice experience.

This incident happened in the night and no one at the port. Port was open....(no safety measures).
These kids were travelling through this place for the first time.
So, they didn't know that the road ends there :blink:
They drive the car as if it was a normal road and directly fell into the deep river. That bank was very deep, providing space for that boat to take trucks/transport buses/cars etc to next bank.
So, those boys directly fell to water...4 of them died and I think, 3 escaped.

Meera sandhu
Even I don't know swimming. I have also imagined the same situation. It is just a nightmare. I feel scared to see the drowning scenes in the movies. Just think about horror scenes of Titanic sinking into the ocean.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.