Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The comparison is always with the best, the best has already proved his/her worth while the new ones have yet to establish themselves. You cannot say that Sonu Nigam is lesser talented than any of the legends we have. In fact I put him as equal to any of the best we have.

what about Kumar Sanu?
He is also my favourite :)

I think among music directors, A.R.Rehman is able to make his distinct finger prints in the industry

Most people would say so but for me OPNayyar is all time great. What an entertainer, no one can beat his beats.

I fully agree with you. can there be a better melody than, " yeh Hai reshmi Zulphon ka Andhera Na Ghabraayiye" of the inimitable OP?

I have a whole list of his songs with Asha and Rafi. I am almost crazy about songs, which take me in to Asha parekh, Saira Banu, Shammi Kappor etc era.

Its always a personal choice and we cannot compare anything. We remember those who were hot in our time. With time everything fades.. 50 years from now, Amri , Salman, Amitabh, Sonu will be old and legends. The old one's will be forgotten then.. That's nature. The need of such comparison is only just to have a point for discussion. Nothing more than that...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Now many talent have come already. Sreya Ghosal, Sonu Nigam, Shan, Sunidhi etc are singing well. I don't want to compare with old but they are also good and presenting some good songs.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It seems everyone is behind Bollywood..
Friends, I have quoted Bollywood just as an example....

Meera sandhu

Not only that. People forgotten about other fields like Painting (Ravi varma). Vocal and instrumental music. writing and the list goes on. Let the discussion be spread to other fields too

Not only that. People forgotten about other fields like Painting (Ravi varma). Vocal and instrumental music. writing and the list goes on. Let the discussion be spread to other fields too

Of course, am sure you are a Ravi Varma fan :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
He portrayed Kerala beauties to perfection, no doubt :)

Meera sandhu

Why, there are so many others who did wonderful jobs like Amrita Shergil, Satish Gupta, Hussain in the field of drawing and painting. And these were as talented in other artistic forms of culture as well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Why, there are so many others who did wonderful jobs like Amrita Shergil, Satish Gupta, Hussain in the field of drawing and painting. And these were as talented in other artistic forms of culture as well.

@ Sunil
I think you were referring Satish Gujral, the famous Archetect and sculptor, who is deaf and dumb and the younger brother of Inder Kumar Gujral erstwhile PM. Or is it another artist Satish Gupta?
Let me tell you I don't know Amrita Shergil and Satish Gupta. Please don't feel bad.

Meera sandhu
Let me tell you I don't know Amrita Shergil and Satish Gupta. Please don't feel bad.

Why one should feel bad? But you should know that their contribution to arts is immense. Otherwise how you can know if there is any real stuff in the later generation artists.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

@ Sunil
I think you were referring Satish Gujral, the famous Archetect and sculptor, who is deaf and dumb and the younger brother of Inder Kumar Gujral erstwhile PM. Or is it another artist Satish Gupta?

I was talking about Satish Gupta- a painter worth mention, he is famous for his work, mostly commercial. google Satish gupta.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.