Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I will call this discussion a matter of coincidence. I was just thinking of getting a landline connection only for the net connection purpose as you have done it. My two brother-in-laws also have landline phones that they use for only internet connection. So I don't think you are going against the tide.

I would suggest not to use internet from landline phone because if it goes out particularly in case of BSNL it goes for long. Better to take a broadband connection from private service provider because that is cheaper and have no headache of wired lines. besides service is also easy to get.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I will call this discussion a matter of coincidence. I was just thinking of getting a landline connection only for the net connection purpose as you have done it. My two brother-in-laws also have landline phones that they use for only internet connection. So I don't think you are going against the tide.

I would suggest not to use internet from landline phone because if it goes out particularly in case of BSNL it goes for long. Better to take a broadband connection from private service provider because that is cheaper and have no headache of wired lines. besides service is also easy to get.

Using land line for internet is a forgotten practice. Yes, having high speed broadband is very much in vogue even in remotest parts.
I am living in town and in my house, we still using landline connection. I have also taken broadband so we need it.
I talk to my father daily on skype so i need broadband.

Want to make each day Accountable

I got my BSNL broadband connection just 1 week before :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It's unlimited plan....today I started watching an old movie Mahal at 2pm and It ended just 15 minutes ago....Long 5 hours. I even sleep for a hour in between seeing the speed of internet :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
There are many private service providers who do it through a small router on top of your house that enables you get broadband service at a good speed and comparatively cheaper and trouble free compared to wired lines. i am Using Tikona for long time.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I can't even just think about loosing a landline connection. We have a strong boding with landline even though we are not using it.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
There are many private service providers who do it through a small router on top of your house that enables you get broadband service at a good speed and comparatively cheaper and trouble free compared to wired lines. i am Using Tikona for long time.

I took this plan because we get 400 free calls every month. So I can save my mobile bill :cheer: :cheer:
But it's not available in WMax. Cost is same..around 900rs per month

Meera sandhu
Actually it is a good plan from BSNL. For 900rs per moth, Both internet and 400 calls sound good. Please let me know the speed of the net?

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Actually it is a good plan from BSNL. For 900rs per moth, Both internet and 400 calls sound good. Please let me know the speed of the net?

2 MBps till 16KB download and after that 512 KBps
a plan is there for 850 rs. you get 50 free calls less and 2 MBps till 8kb. after that 512

earlier i was using Wmax...wireless BSNL...512 KB...but I used to see online full length movies without lagging.
but no free calls as we don't have landphone

Meera sandhu

Probably you do not get good service where you stay from BSNL. I have an internet Broadband connection from BSNL which I am using for more than 3 years now and have never had a problem even once. Only in one instance did the line go out for more than 5 hours and that was it! The speed is also very good and the service we get from them is excellent!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.