The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As I had said yesterday, here my thoughts on the forum
1. The members should be allowed to express their feelings for every response they get.
2. The moderators should ask the thread-starter to lock the thread once and for all.
3. If there are 5 responses to a thread, and one wants to respond to the 3rd post, the response should come under the 3rd post only and not at the end.
There could crop up some thoughts later in my mind. For now, that's all. Please contribute.

In what conditions your suggestion no 2 applies?

There could be any conditions which I cannot instantly tell now. That was just a thought that came to my mind and so I expressed it. Like there are amendments to the constitution and new rules are formed, here too the same can be done, though it would be too dumb to compare the constitution and a forum :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then be assured its already in vogue. The moderator can take the initiative without asking or informing the thread starter , he 's locking it.what's new?, whenever there is a similar thread inadvertently posted by a member. Or some old outdated thread is brought, in by a member moderator is locking it .

I was not talking about old or outdated threads. What I meant was that the moderators should allow the thread starter to lock the thread. The starter at least should have that prerogative. Or at least, the moderator should ask the starter before locking it.

Bangal, it is better ,send a suggestion to admin, he will think about it. Your suggestion is good and may be accepted.

@Abhijit. But that's the prerogative of the moderator. I personally feel that prerogative should be retained as it is.

But then the thread starter should at least be given one final chance of having his say. I have wanted to say things and thoguht I would say it later and saw that the threads have been locked. So, the moderators should send a PM or something like that to alert the starter of locking the thread.

The idea of giving a chance to the starter is good, provided it won't lead to unnecessary arguments from the starter in support of his or her thread

ya, that's why i told it's better to lock the thread by moderator. why should we do extra job? ;) :P

Meera sandhu
1. The members should be allowed to express their feelings for every response they get.
2. The moderators should ask the thread-starter to lock the thread once and for all.
3. If there are 5 responses to a thread, and one wants to respond to the 3rd post, the response should come under the 3rd post only and not at the end.
There could crop up some thoughts later in my mind. For now, that's all. Please contribute.

There could be any conditions which I cannot instantly tell now. That was just a thought that came to my mind and so I expressed it. Like there are amendments to the constitution and new rules are formed, here too the same can be done, though it would be too dumb to compare the constitution and a forum :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then be assured its already in vogue. The moderator can take the initiative without asking or informing the thread starter , he 's locking it.what's new?, whenever there is a similar thread inadvertently posted by a member. Or some old outdated thread is brought, in by a member moderator is locking it .

I was not talking about old or outdated threads. What I meant was that the moderators should allow the thread starter to lock the thread. The starter at least should have that prerogative. Or at least, the moderator should ask the starter before locking it.

Bangal, it is better ,send a suggestion to admin, he will think about it. Your suggestion is good and may be accepted.

@Abhijit. But that's the prerogative of the moderator. I personally feel that prerogative should be retained as it is.

But then the thread starter should at least be given one final chance of having his say. I have wanted to say things and thoguht I would say it later and saw that the threads have been locked. So, the moderators should send a PM or something like that to alert the starter of locking the thread.

The idea of giving a chance to the starter is good, provided it won't lead to unnecessary arguments from the starter in support of his or her thread

ya, that's why i told it's better to lock the thread by moderator. why should we do extra job? ;) :P

I agree with you. Let the moderator have the last say
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

I agree with you. Let the moderator have the last say

I don't feel that practical enough. There should be at least one previlage for the thread starter that's what I feel.
@Abhi
Do you know, it's most difficult to frame a thread than to post replies. But no points were given earlier. I didn't get points for first 500 posts I initiated here. Yet I did so for the benefits of everyone and the site.

Meera sandhu
@Abhi
Do you know, it's most difficult to frame a thread than to post replies. But no points were given earlier. I didn't get points for first 500 posts I initiated here. Yet I did so for the benefits of everyone and the site.[/quote

Its including you is it?
There is free expression in forums. Nobody is prevented from replying to any post or giving his own views. Only we need to maintain decorum, courtesy and follow the rules. If you want to reply to a particular post, there is no need that your reply should be under that post in sequence. You can use 'quote' icon below the post so that it will be clear that your response is to that post. Once you have commenced a thread, this is property of the site and only site administration or moderators can lock the thread.

It is the sequence that I am talking about actually. The sequence makes it easier to group the posts under two people 'talking'. So that makes sense and easier to find too.

You are talking about secondary threads which you see on other forums right ? like for example if I post, you post below mine and someone else below yours on the same post....I feel that solves many problems since some members may want to discuss something and others may not and the discussions can go on side by side without actually running at the same time, most of the time unconnected..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is free expression in forums. Nobody is prevented from replying to any post or giving his own views. Only we need to maintain decorum, courtesy and follow the rules. If you want to reply to a particular post, there is no need that your reply should be under that post in sequence. You can use 'quote' icon below the post so that it will be clear that your response is to that post. Once you have commenced a thread, this is property of the site and only site administration or moderators can lock the thread.

It is the sequence that I am talking about actually. The sequence makes it easier to group the posts under two people 'talking'. So that makes sense and easier to find too.

You are talking about secondary threads which you see on other forums right ? like for example if I post, you post below mine and someone else below yours on the same post....I feel that solves many problems since some members may want to discuss something and others may not and the discussions can go on side by side without actually running at the same time, most of the time unconnected..

And If there are two responses to a thread and three people have replied their and I want to reply to the second response, my response should be seen below the second person's response and not at the end. Yes, I am talking about other forum sites.

Your suggestions as well as response by members are on record. Thanks for your valuable contribution. I hope admin will look into these and take appropriate action.
The thread is now locked

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.