The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Abhi, if you are thread initiator you can ask moderators through "Report" button to lock the thread quoting reasons. It's applicable to even those threads not started by us. If the power is given to we normal members, it may be misused. That's why.
I think such options are available in Q&A category

Ok. That's fine. I didn't know that the "Report" button functions. Now I know that. I am not asking to gain power for normal members. What I said is that at least the thread starter should have control over his own thread (apart from the moderators, of course!)
As I had said yesterday, here my thoughts on the forum
1. The members should be allowed to express their feelings for every response they get.
2. The moderators should ask the thread-starter to lock the thread once and for all.
3. If there are 5 responses to a thread, and one wants to respond to the 3rd post, the response should come under the 3rd post only and not at the end.
There could crop up some thoughts later in my mind. For now, that's all. Please contribute.

In what conditions your suggestion no 2 applies?

There could be any conditions which I cannot instantly tell now. That was just a thought that came to my mind and so I expressed it. Like there are amendments to the constitution and new rules are formed, here too the same can be done, though it would be too dumb to compare the constitution and a forum :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then be assured its already in vogue. The moderator can take the initiative without asking or informing the thread starter , he 's locking it.what's new?, whenever there is a similar thread inadvertently posted by a member. Or some old outdated thread is brought, in by a member moderator is locking it .
Present system is ok and no need to change. We can reply wherever necessary.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
1. The members should be allowed to express their feelings for every response they get.
2. The moderators should ask the thread-starter to lock the thread once and for all.
3. If there are 5 responses to a thread, and one wants to respond to the 3rd post, the response should come under the 3rd post only and not at the end.
There could crop up some thoughts later in my mind. For now, that's all. Please contribute.

There could be any conditions which I cannot instantly tell now. That was just a thought that came to my mind and so I expressed it. Like there are amendments to the constitution and new rules are formed, here too the same can be done, though it would be too dumb to compare the constitution and a forum :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then be assured its already in vogue. The moderator can take the initiative without asking or informing the thread starter , he 's locking it.what's new?, whenever there is a similar thread inadvertently posted by a member. Or some old outdated thread is brought, in by a member moderator is locking it .

I was not talking about old or outdated threads. What I meant was that the moderators should allow the thread starter to lock the thread. The starter at least should have that prerogative. Or at least, the moderator should ask the starter before locking it.

I was not talking about old or outdated threads. What I meant was that the moderators should allow the thread starter to lock the thread. The starter at least should have that prerogative. Or at least, the moderator should ask the starter before locking it.

Bangal, it is better ,send a suggestion to admin, he will think about it. Your suggestion is good and may be accepted.

Bangal, it is better ,send a suggestion to admin, he will think about it. Your suggestion is good and may be accepted.

starter locking threads :unsure: :unsure:
If so, moderators can take rest as I will do their work :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

@Abhijit. But that's the prerogative of the moderator. I personally feel that prerogative should be retained as it is.

@Abhijit. But that's the prerogative of the moderator. I personally feel that prerogative should be retained as it is.

Starter should get the opportunity. This suggestion is good.

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal

But then the thread starter should at least be given one final chance of having his say. I have wanted to say things and thoguht I would say it later and saw that the threads have been locked. So, the moderators should send a PM or something like that to alert the starter of locking the thread.

But then the thread starter should at least be given one final chance of having his say. I have wanted to say things and thoguht I would say it later and saw that the threads have been locked. So, the moderators should send a PM or something like that to alert the starter of locking the thread.

The idea of giving a chance to the starter is good, provided it won't lead to unnecessary arguments from the starter in support of his or her thread
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.