Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

But they are interlinked the one who is not serious can't be sincere in the things. :blink:

Yes that's true one can pretend to be serious in front of others and at the same time he/she may not be sincere for his/her work. :)

It is not that those who are serious are not sincere.
But can go hand in hand.
Very few people are sincere. They cannot differentiate the meaning of the two words practically.

Devyani, I am not sure how you can confidently say this, after all all are not fools to discern the difference in meaning of the two words.

Also, being serious does not always mean a person is sincere! There are those who dupe and cheat others with a lot of seriousness!

So I would really like know how you arrived at this little gem of wisdom!!!

'sincere' differs from 'serious'. 'sincere' means that you are true to the issue involved and and will make efforts to solve this. It does not matter whether you look jolly or gloomy.

Usage of these words commonly are not taken literal in the way you have mentioned, hence my reasoning is more in lieu with the common usage and understanding of these terms. I did not mean jolly or gloomy here either!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But they are interlinked the one who is not serious can't be sincere in the things. :blink:

Yes that's true one can pretend to be serious in front of others and at the same time he/she may not be sincere for his/her work. :)

It is not that those who are serious are not sincere.
But can go hand in hand.

They may be sincere it depends on person to person. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.