Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They all look equally scary, their very shape scares you.We have a snake in our garden and when it suddenly comes face to face, I am stunned each time , but so far it has not harmed anyone and sometimes goes to other compounds as well...

They say snakes will attack humans out of fear that humans are going to harm them. If you stand without showing any signs of aggression, they go away without doing harm

Yes that is true, it is just their survival instinct that makes them strike....However, here in Mangalore we have had quite a few deaths due to snake bite since some of the villages are not at all well connected to major hospitals where they have anti venom treatments , and by the time help reaches them it is too late especially when a person is bitten by cobra !

Owing to non- availability of medical care, people die in villages. The condition is similar in my state. Such deaths are attributed to different types of folk stories about snakes, like snakes strike out of revenge etc

Yes I agree. If people do not harm them they don't harm people. Also if people knows how to do a first aid, the number of deaths can be drastically reduced.

I agree. Snakes do not harm intentionally. Many years go, I was at Ramgarh Cantt (Hazaribagh). One morning, on waking up, I found a snake lying in my bed. I just went to bathroom normally without disturbing the snake. After bath and changing clothes, I saw that the snake had left the bed and was moving out of the room. Thus neither I nor snake harmed each other.

Our fears make us panic and we behave in a such a way, it provokes the snake. What you did was right.
They all look equally scary, their very shape scares you.We have a snake in our garden and when it suddenly comes face to face, I am stunned each time , but so far it has not harmed anyone and sometimes goes to other compounds as well...

They say snakes will attack humans out of fear that humans are going to harm them. If you stand without showing any signs of aggression, they go away without doing harm

Yes that is true, it is just their survival instinct that makes them strike....However, here in Mangalore we have had quite a few deaths due to snake bite since some of the villages are not at all well connected to major hospitals where they have anti venom treatments , and by the time help reaches them it is too late especially when a person is bitten by cobra !

Owing to non- availability of medical care, people die in villages. The condition is similar in my state. Such deaths are attributed to different types of folk stories about snakes, like snakes strike out of revenge etc

Yes I agree. If people do not harm them they don't harm people. Also if people knows how to do a first aid, the number of deaths can be drastically reduced.

I agree. Snakes do not harm intentionally. Many years go, I was at Ramgarh Cantt (Hazaribagh). One morning, on waking up, I found a snake lying in my bed. I just went to bathroom normally without disturbing the snake. After bath and changing clothes, I saw that the snake had left the bed and was moving out of the room. Thus neither I nor snake harmed each other.

Our fears make us panic and we behave in a such a way, it provokes the snake. What you did was right.

But at the same time snakes are unpredictable and can strike without reason like it happened in a village here where a small 4 month old sleeping baby in the cradle was bitten by a snake which had come into the house.Thankfully , even miraculously the baby was saved since the doctor was close by and took the baby to the primary health center and gave treatment....all these incidents make us fear snakes since they are dangerous.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But at the same time snakes are unpredictable and can strike without reason like it happened in a village here where a small 4 month old sleeping baby in the cradle was bitten by a snake which had come into the house.Thankfully , even miraculously the baby was saved since the doctor was close by and took the baby to the primary health center and gave treatment....all these incidents make us fear snakes since they are dangerous.

That is why I would say,first aid should be taught to common people. There is nothing great in doing first aid for snake bite.

1. Just wind a cloth above the snake bite. It should neither be so tight or so loose.
2. Keep the limb immobilized.
3. Do not suck.
4. Rush to the nearby health centre.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Rattles are very dangerous specy of snakes. There are some other snake specy who attack their prey by spiting poison on their eyes.

Snakes in the above list are truely very dangerous. King Cobra are very scary.
Yes these are all very poisonous snakes. But I have heard most of the people die not because they are bitten by them but beacuse of heart attacks as there are so many species of snakes which are not poisonous but for us we think every snake to be poisonous. :evil:
Yes these are all very poisonous snakes. But I have heard most of the people die not because they are bitten by them but beacuse of heart attacks as there are so many species of snakes which are not poisonous but for us we think every snake to be poisonous. :evil:

It is not actually heart attack. It is because of vagal attack. Due to fear, the vagus nerve is stimulated which stops the heart completely.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.