Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't write blogs or diary but definitely I would prefer to write diary than blog as I won't like to share my private things with others. I think diary is somewhat a private thing. :blink:
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I feel Diary is good than blog.

We know our self better thru diary.

It is more private than any blog.

Be positive
I don't write blogs or diary but definitely I would prefer to write diary than blog as I won't like to share my private things with others. I think diary is somewhat a private thing. :blink:

Both have their own upsides and downsides. I prefer to write a blog as it is in the electronic mode and secondly, I can monetize it too. So, that's better for me.
I feel that diary is a better option if we want to share our thoughts and feelings in an honest manner. In fact, I have been maintaining one myself since a very long time. Though honest thoughts and feelings can also be written on online blogs, I would feel uncomfortable sharing my private thoughts online which everyone can read. The reason being that others are also involved in our life. I mean sometimes in my dairy I do write what someone did to me, how I felt about it and so on... I don't know if I could write something similar on online blogs.
I feel that diary is a better option if we want to share our thoughts and feelings in an honest manner. In fact, I have been maintaining one myself since a very long time. Though honest thoughts and feelings can also be written on online blogs, I would feel uncomfortable sharing my private thoughts online which everyone can read. The reason being that others are also involved in our life. I mean sometimes in my dairy I do write what someone did to me, how I felt about it and so on... I don't know if I could write something similar on online blogs.

No you cannot write subtle and sensitive thoughts, which are supposed to be in the closed confines of your heart in a blog, knowing fully well that it's openness. I too contribute to your opinions. A diary is necessary if you want to maintain the sanctity of your personal thoughts. Never a Blog.
Who said blogs aren't private? There is an option where you can keep the blog entire private or allow only your friends to read it - not the common readers. Then it becomes private, isn't it?

You have also an option to publish or not. As long a you do not click 'publish', the contents can be seen only by you.

In that case blog can be a better option because it remains lifelong

But once you are gone it is lost forever unless someone is able to retrieve your pass word and access it....As long as you want things to be kept that private it is fine but if you want certain things to remain for the next generation then diary is a better option....I was going through my mother in laws things and I have been reading her diaries since she was very methodical in writing down all the minute details.It is very interesting to read as well as giving many insights into her own personality and seeing things through her perspective...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But once you are gone it is lost forever unless someone is able to retrieve your pass word and access it....As long as you want things to be kept that private it is fine but if you want certain things to remain for the next generation then diary is a better option....I was going through my mother in laws things and I have been reading her diaries since she was very methodical in writing down all the minute details.It is very interesting to read as well as giving many insights into her own personality and seeing things through her perspective...

I agree. If you want to leave for the next generation to read then diary is good.
Who said blogs aren't private? There is an option where you can keep the blog entire private or allow only your friends to read it - not the common readers. Then it becomes private, isn't it?

You have also an option to publish or not. As long a you do not click 'publish', the contents can be seen only by you.

Yes, and as it is in an electric format, there are chances that it will remain safe as long as the web site we use as a platform remains safe.
Definitely a diary is better than a blog. In a blog we will write only what the people are interested to read. We hide our true feelings and present ourselves as to be liked by other bloggers but writing a diary is just opposite of it. We are true to our feelings, we write down whatever comes to our mind including secrets buried in the darkest corners of our mind.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”

The issue of 'diary or blog' is seen by some from privacy angle. So, if you write some thing only for your own pleasure and not wish others to see, blog is okay. also if you do not want privacy but wish to share, there are options for that also. You can manage privacy on blog/ social sites.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.