Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Who said blogs aren't private? There is an option where you can keep the blog entire private or allow only your friends to read it - not the common readers. Then it becomes private, isn't it?

Of course you have the option, but when people think of monetizing it they need to have others read it and get more views - Some blogs are more like article writing sites including mine :cheer: , which is anything but private !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Who said blogs aren't private? There is an option where you can keep the blog entire private or allow only your friends to read it - not the common readers. Then it becomes private, isn't it?

Of course you have the option, but when people think of monetizing it they need to have others read it and get more views - Some blogs are more like article writing sites including mine :cheer: , which is anything but private !!!

Well, you had't mentioned anything about monetizing the blog. If one needs to keep it private, then one has to sacrifice the earnings too. Otherwise, it is better to give it as much exposure as possible.
My handwriting is poor and so I stopped writing. I never wrote diary of personal events. The vents like academic qualification, appointment, promotion, retirement etc are on record and documented. Sol, no need fore a diary. I used to maintain a diary of phone nos and address. Now no diary. Only phone- fixed and mobile, email and Facebook, twitter and most important, Boddunan.
I feel that people write on internet even such things that they would never write in a paper diary.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
My handwriting is poor and so I stopped writing. I never wrote diary of personal events. The vents like academic qualification, appointment, promotion, retirement etc are on record and documented. Sol, no need fore a diary. I used to maintain a diary of phone nos and address. Now no diary. Only phone- fixed and mobile, email and Facebook, twitter and most important, Boddunan.
I feel that people write on internet even such things that they would never write in a paper diary.

Well, poor handwriting will give you an advantage as no one will know what you have written :laugh: :laugh:
But jokes apart, yes there are people who write on blogs what they wouldn't have generally written in a diary. But what do you think the reasons might be?

Well, poor handwriting will give you an advantage as no one will know what you have written :laugh: :laugh:
But jokes apart, yes there are people who write on blogs what they wouldn't have generally written in a diary. But what do you think the reasons might be?

They fear that diary may be seen by some one in family whereas blog is at safer distance. I remember that when I was studying in class X, I wrote a novel in Hindi. This was still incomplete. My cousin (maternal uncle's daughter) happened to find out the manuscript. she read a few pages and found some portion amusing as this was description of female beauty and breasts, thighs etc. Those days, there was no internet. If I had written same thing in a blog or any site, she would not see.

Of course an online blog can be very private and as long as one does not make it public nor monetize it it remains so....and even after you are dead and gone it will remain so unlike the diary of a dead person which has been the subject for many stories and suspense thrillers in the past and continues to have its own importance in a persons life ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You have also an option to publish or not. As long a you do not click 'publish', the contents can be seen only by you.

You have also an option to publish or not. As long a you do not click 'publish', the contents can be seen only by you.

In that case blog can be a better option because it remains lifelong
Blog is better than a diary no one can login to your accoutn and look at your blog.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Blog is better than a diary no one can login to your accoutn and look at your blog.

Yes, that's the best part. And secondly, if you don't reveal the address of your blog, it remains even more of a secret.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.