Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I also wonder whether women can add their husbands as second holder in accounts maintained in women bank. Also can they issue cheques to males. If so, the bank will be visited by men as payees of cheques or as joint holder with their wives. Then how can a bank be entirely women's.

Ha ha ha! That is something that needs thinking. The truth is many women still do not know how to deposit and withdraw money, write cheques etc. So even though they may have a bank account (still many women do not have their own bank accounts) all the affairs of the bank are looked after by their fathers, husbands etc. So your question is really relevant!

I have to agree with you Kalyani. It is sad but true that many women are still illiterate when it comes to writing cheques or doing any kind of transaction. But I must say that my wife is literate when it comes to this and I don't need to visit the bank, at least for that purpose.

Many men are also illiterate. A few years back, I did not have ATM card. I would withdraw pension by filling withdrawal form. There were many illiterate and less educated persons- men and women both. Illiteracy is not gender specific. Men are also illiterate. Besides drawing my own pension, I would spend extra time to help others fill the withdrawal forms.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I also wonder whether women can add their husbands as second holder in accounts maintained in women bank. Also can they issue cheques to males. If so, the bank will be visited by men as payees of cheques or as joint holder with their wives. Then how can a bank be entirely women's.

Ha ha ha! That is something that needs thinking. The truth is many women still do not know how to deposit and withdraw money, write cheques etc. So even though they may have a bank account (still many women do not have their own bank accounts) all the affairs of the bank are looked after by their fathers, husbands etc. So your question is really relevant!

I have to agree with you Kalyani. It is sad but true that many women are still illiterate when it comes to writing cheques or doing any kind of transaction. But I must say that my wife is literate when it comes to this and I don't need to visit the bank, at least for that purpose.

Many men are also illiterate. A few years back, I did not have ATM card. I would withdraw pension by filling withdrawal form. There were many illiterate and less educated persons- men and women both. Illiteracy is not gender specific. Men are also illiterate. Besides drawing my own pension, I would spend extra time to help others fill the withdrawal forms.

I too have noticed that many men and women in banks and post offices waiting for someone to help them fill forms and help them out. Some of them have basic education, one can see that but they are still unable to go on with a bank transaction !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

True, illiteracy is not gender based. But with respect to many requiring help in filling bank related papers and also usage of ATM machines, even literate people face such problems. I know some people, men and women both who know how the ATM machine works but are scared of using it, believing that they might use it wrongly and the card may get locked up, or they may forget to clear their transaction on the screen and someone might misuse their pin etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.