Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Someone I know comes from a lower middle class family, but has a steady job earning Rs 9,000 per month. They belong to Scheduled tribe and here is a list of benefits they have got so far !
1, Free site measuring 3 cents (1008 sq ft)
2, Building expenses taken care of to the tune of 1 lakh 50 thousand rupees
3 ,Free electric wiring and all fixtures including bulbs and 2 fans
4, Free Water Supply + a overhead syntex tank
5, Free Gas connection with a single burner stove ( will have to pay for gas cylinders at a subsidised rate)
6, Subsidised Electric charges - Rs 175 per month regardless of how much they consume
7, Rice at Rs 2/ per KG
8, Free schooling for two children with a lump sum of Rs 2000 paid at the beginning of every school year
Then of course the other reservations and all other benefits...

I am not exaggerating ! This is a fact and we the tax payers have to bear the expenses ( directly or indirectly)

All these consume more than 25% of union budget. It is not possible for any party to roll back these. Government is preparing brigade of freeloaders. No need to work Government will feed all these only for vote.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Someone I know comes from a lower middle class family, but has a steady job earning Rs 9,000 per month. They belong to Scheduled tribe and here is a list of benefits they have got so far !
1, Free site measuring 3 cents (1008 sq ft)
2, Building expenses taken care of to the tune of 1 lakh 50 thousand rupees
3 ,Free electric wiring and all fixtures including bulbs and 2 fans
4, Free Water Supply + a overhead syntex tank
5, Free Gas connection with a single burner stove ( will have to pay for gas cylinders at a subsidised rate)
6, Subsidised Electric charges - Rs 175 per month regardless of how much they consume
7, Rice at Rs 2/ per KG
8, Free schooling for two children with a lump sum of Rs 2000 paid at the beginning of every school year
Then of course the other reservations and all other benefits...

I am not exaggerating ! This is a fact and we the tax payers have to bear the expenses ( directly or indirectly)

All these consume more than 25% of union budget. It is not possible for any party to roll back these. Government is preparing brigade of freeloaders. No need to work Government will feed all these only for vote.

In our country which is supposed to be developing and poor, people especially the politicians and those who get doles have no value for money nor do they have any idea what hard work and earning ones living is all about ! It is only when there is equality and stress is laid on quality and hard work can we hope to see any progress in our country !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
I oppose all subsidies. These are only creating a class of dignified beggars. It is best to impart suitable education and skill to all based on potential so as to enable them to earn and stand on own feet.

Exactly! By providing a wide range of subsidies, the government is actually discouraging people from working hard and the young generation is straying away from doing anything worthwhile. And people like us are the ones who end up working their entire lives and spending lakhs and lakhs of rupees for a decent house and education of our children, while these types get everything for free! Whereas if we were to strive for betterment of all economical sections in our country, each and every individual should be working hard to get everything we need.

Instead of trying to root this out the politicians want more reservations , so much so that the quota anywhere for general public now is only about 41% because there are so many different kind of reservations ! One of my friends daughter was selected in the written exams for a course doing very well, but she could not get through in the interview round simply because out of 15 the general category was for just 6 and the rest were all reserved ...And even those 6 had recommendations !

Well, that is a kind of situation I myself have personally gone through!
The politicians are routing for increased reservations just for the sake of getting votes, but what no one realises or probably they do realise but won't admit that in the long run, this policy will only keep degrading the quality of the manpower as a whole finally leading to breakdown of all vital systems that need efficient manpower! :blink: I wonder when anyone will wake up to this fact!

It is already happening, we can see a dilution in quality everywhere in the governmental institutions ! Schools, hospitals and offices and our entire political system is performing so poorly ....what more can one say? It can only get worse ..

True! Degrading and disgusting state of affairs in schools, universities, hospitals, more and more number of pending cases in courts for really really stupid reasons, etc. we are heading towards total anarchy! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I oppose all subsidies. These are only creating a class of dignified beggars. It is best to impart suitable education and skill to all based on potential so as to enable them to earn and stand on own feet.

Exactly! By providing a wide range of subsidies, the government is actually discouraging people from working hard and the young generation is straying away from doing anything worthwhile. And people like us are the ones who end up working their entire lives and spending lakhs and lakhs of rupees for a decent house and education of our children, while these types get everything for free! Whereas if we were to strive for betterment of all economical sections in our country, each and every individual should be working hard to get everything we need.

Instead of trying to root this out the politicians want more reservations , so much so that the quota anywhere for general public now is only about 41% because there are so many different kind of reservations ! One of my friends daughter was selected in the written exams for a course doing very well, but she could not get through in the interview round simply because out of 15 the general category was for just 6 and the rest were all reserved ...And even those 6 had recommendations !

The politicians are routing for increased reservations just for the sake of getting votes, but what no one realises or probably they do realise but won't admit that in the long run, this policy will only keep degrading the quality of the manpower as a whole finally leading to breakdown of all vital systems that need efficient manpower! :blink: I wonder when anyone will wake up to this fact!

It is already happening, we can see a dilution in quality everywhere in the governmental institutions ! Schools, hospitals and offices and our entire political system is performing so poorly ....what more can one say? It can only get worse ..

True! Degrading and disgusting state of affairs in schools, universities, hospitals, more and more number of pending cases in courts for really really stupid reasons, etc. we are heading towards total anarchy! :blink:

Thanks Usha for bringing up the issue as it is timely! I was going through a report on CAG raising serious objections to wide-spread misuse of funds by broking community of India which is mainly responsible for sapping the vitals of this nation and Congress Party headed Sonia Gandhi is indeed, a party of brokers. NREGA has been more abused than properly used to keep her followers happy!!!!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

Thanks Usha for bringing up the issue as it is timely! I was going through a report on CAG raising serious objections to wide-spread misuse of funds by broking community of India which is mainly responsible for sapping the vitals of this nation and Congress Party headed Sonia Gandhi is indeed, a party of brokers. NREGA has been more abused than properly used to keep her followers happy!!!!!

One wonders where all this is leading to ? more importantly what happens if Sonia led UPA comes back to power again in the next general elections ? :ohmy: I sincerely hope not ...not that we have much choice !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One wonders where all this is leading to ? more importantly what happens if Sonia led UPA comes back to power again in the next general elections ? :ohmy: I sincerely hope not ...not that we have much choice !

The fact is that, we have no options left. Added to this there is no strong opposition. Plus our biggest bane is we have an illiterate electorate

It definitely is, the sad part is that people fil to see through them or simply dont care since there is very little choice.The Congress party uses every single card it cn to win an election.Here in Karnataka they have gone round saying that even the converts to christianity who orginally belonged to the backward classes will be given all the benefits ...

It definitely is, the sad part is that people fil to see through them or simply dont care since there is very little choice.The Congress party uses every single card it cn to win an election.Here in Karnataka they have gone round saying that even the converts to christianity who orginally belonged to the backward classes will be given all the benefits ...

If a scheduled caste or backward converts from Hindu to Christianity or any other religion, his backwardness does not end. There is no reason why some body may be denied the benefits on conversion to another religion. However, it is time to consider the need to continue with the benefits based on caste.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If a scheduled caste or backward converts from Hindu to Christianity or any other religion, his backwardness does not end. There is no reason why some body may be denied the benefits on conversion to another religion. However, it is time to consider the need to continue with the benefits based on caste.

The question is how does one measure backwardness? what is the barometer for it ? I have seen many so called backward class people leading a life of luxury and getting all the benefits on top of that ! There are many b upper caste people who are unable to land a job and find it difficult to get 2 square meals a day, so what backwardness are we talking about ?

The question is how does one measure backwardness? what is the barometer for it ? I have seen many so called backward class people leading a life of luxury and getting all the benefits on top of that ! There are many b upper caste people who are unable to land a job and find it difficult to get 2 square meals a day, so what backwardness are we talking about ?

Backwardness of particular person is fake or real is another question. The backwardness in India is determined by caste and not actual economic criteria. That is why there should be no reservation. There should be free and compulsory education for all up to 10th level and thereafter free professional education to all deserving persons. That will ensure that our man power is best utilized.

However, if somebody gets a benefit as a Hindu, there is no reason why this be denied when he changes religion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.