Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Learning foreign language is more useful to us. It makes more smarter and confident to us.
It improves our communication.It is more useful while travelling and know different people and regoin.

I agree but only when you use the language for a purpose otherwise you will forget it very soon if not in regular use. Like I have forgotten some of the languages I learned while I stayed in those areas.

I have a penchant for reading literary works of the authors’ unabridged and original works. Especially Russian works of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. This was the purpose why I learned Russian. Conversation was never my priority.

It is good to have a working knowledge of any language. I feel that every state should make sure that the state language is learnt by those who live there like it is done in almost all European countries ...(like learning Marathi or Telugu or kannada !) It also makes sure that people get to learn more languages..

When some one permanently or for a very long period resides in a state, he will learn the language spoken there without any efforts by state. For people going to a state for short period, English and Hindi suffice. too much emphasis on learning languages is harmful as this will hinder performance in the main occupation of an individual. For example, an engineer should give more attention to his own job rather than learning numerous languages.

Not necessarily ! I know of may people from the neighboring states living in Banglore for 2 or 3 generations still unwilling and unable tp speak kannada.....Of course the wish to do so should come from the individulvals themselves...

The older people from other states may not learn but children learn the local language. My niece lived in Bangalore and studied there in primary and secondary classes. she can well speak in kannada though her parents can't.

Older people also learn if they have to work with loca people but if they do not come in contact with them they miss it. Children of course learn it in their schools etc or playing with other children. In big cities people speak mostly in English in work places so they miss it. People with love to learn do it for self satisfaction. Like I earned many languages because I loved to talk in local languages with local people.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Learning foreign language is more useful to us. It makes more smarter and confident to us.
It improves our communication.It is more useful while travelling and know different people and regoin.

I agree but only when you use the language for a purpose otherwise you will forget it very soon if not in regular use. Like I have forgotten some of the languages I learned while I stayed in those areas.

I have a penchant for reading literary works of the authors’ unabridged and original works. Especially Russian works of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. This was the purpose why I learned Russian. Conversation was never my priority.

It is good to have a working knowledge of any language. I feel that every state should make sure that the state language is learnt by those who live there like it is done in almost all European countries ...(like learning Marathi or Telugu or kannada !) It also makes sure that people get to learn more languages..

When some one permanently or for a very long period resides in a state, he will learn the language spoken there without any efforts by state. For people going to a state for short period, English and Hindi suffice. too much emphasis on learning languages is harmful as this will hinder performance in the main occupation of an individual. For example, an engineer should give more attention to his own job rather than learning numerous languages.

Not necessarily ! I know of may people from the neighboring states living in Banglore for 2 or 3 generations still unwilling and unable tp speak kannada.....Of course the wish to do so should come from the individulvals themselves...

The older people from other states may not learn but children learn the local language. My niece lived in Bangalore and studied there in primary and secondary classes. she can well speak in kannada though her parents can't.

Older people also learn if they have to work with loca people but if they do not come in contact with them they miss it. Children of course learn it in their schools etc or playing with other children. In big cities people speak mostly in English in work places so they miss it. People with love to learn do it for self satisfaction. Like I earned many languages because I loved to talk in local languages with local people.

That depends. If you want to improve your conversational skills, there should be a scope for interacting with the people. Suppose, you are (self) learning Russian language like me, while staying in India, You cannot get such opportunity for the obvious reasons. But, if your intention is limited to just learning a foreign language to have an idea about a country, one need not think of acquiring conversational skills. In a nutshell, its your purpose that comes into fore.
Its required if your job is dependent on foreign language or you are going to settle abroad.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Its required if your job is dependent on foreign language or you are going to settle abroad.

That is right, simple as that, every requirement depends on what kind of activities you are going to involve in and what language is good for you.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is useful to learn a foreign language in totality, not as a token piece. It is nice to master a language in complete manner. Just as we learn English in full it is always a great idea to learn foreign language in totality. I mastered French in totality.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is useful to learn a foreign language in totality, not as a token piece. It is nice to master a language in complete manner. Just as we learn English in full it is always a great idea to learn foreign language in totality. I mastered French in totality.

It always helps, if there is a purpose. Languages always widen your knowledge canvas.

It always helps, if there is a purpose. Languages always widen your knowledge canvas.

Thats true ! learning a new language definitely helps ....whether it is a foreign language like French,German or Spanish or even Chinese since Chinese speaking people are a majority in the world, or even learning our own country's many languages helps...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thats true ! learning a new language definitely helps ....whether it is a foreign language like French,German or Spanish or even Chinese since Chinese speaking people are a majority in the world, or even learning our own country's many languages helps...

Knowing or learning a language is knowledge. Knowledge never goes waste. Rather it stands in good stead.

Knowing or learning a language is knowledge. Knowledge never goes waste. Rather it stands in good stead.

Knowledge is always good. But knowledge is vast and our time is limited. so we need be selective. It is no use learning a language if this will not be helpful in your job or otherwise. Some time back, my friend in language institute advised me to learn French. But I politely told him that I should spend my time more on professional work than on learning new language.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Knowledge is always good. But knowledge is vast and our time is limited. so we need be selective. It is no use learning a language if this will not be helpful in your job or otherwise. Some time back, my friend in language institute advised me to learn French. But I politely told him that I should spend my time more on professional work than on learning new language.

Thats true ! we need to know our priorities and be selctive as you say, no point in doing something simply because xyz is doing it, which is mostly the case about learning foreign languages in our country...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.