Do you think we should send our leftover food to a particular place to be distributed among needy ones? Would it serve its purpose better than people begging door to door?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you think we should send our leftover food to a particular place to be distributed among needy ones? Would it serve its purpose better than people begging door to door?

It works. I heard this practice is prevalent in some countries. If properly implemented, such schemes will help in reducing the beggary in the country.

It works. I heard this practice is prevalent in some countries. If properly implemented, such schemes will help in reducing the beggary in the country.

It is working in our country also but in metros only. The big hotels and restaurants send their food to such banks where it is distributed among needy one but it has not yet reached to smaller towns and local community level.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is working in our country also but in metros only. The big hotels and restaurants send their food to such banks where it is distributed among needy one but it has not yet reached to smaller towns and local community level.

In smaller towns, in Tirupati, I have seen a few individuals are doing the same with success.

I am listing it first time. I never this system in India. Begging is worst job. India is known for beggar. It is good idea.

In smaller towns, in Tirupati, I have seen a few individuals are doing the same with success.

In Imphal there aren't any food banks for the leftovers. So, some individuals instead send cooked food to institutions like orphanage centers etc especially on days like community feast.
This is most undignified. This idea is an extension of charity concept common to all religions. The very concept of charity is inhuman and undignified. We should create circumstances that there are no beggars. In Punjab, there are no beggars. We should not waste foods by way of left overs.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In Imphal there aren't any food banks for the leftovers. So, some individuals instead send cooked food to institutions like orphanage centers etc especially on days like community feast.

There are food banks in some parts of our country and one such was inaugurated last year

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/indias-first-food-bank-inaugurated-as-part-of-war-against-hunger/article3510800.ece

The awareness for such banks is still very uncommon which needs to be increased through education and massive campaigning tactics.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen, suni51
This is most undignified. This idea is an extension of charity concept common to all religions. The very concept of charity is inhuman and undignified. We should create circumstances that there are no beggars. In Punjab, there are no beggars. We should not waste foods by way of left overs.

True...instead of distributing food to beggars, there should be such measures taken where the poor people can work in return for that food, this way, leftover foods are not wasted and they find some work too.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I don't understand how giving charity to needy is undignified!! In Manipur too, there are no beggars but there are needy people. Getting food in return for works can be applicable for those adults who can work in return for food. But those children who are still very young to work or very old people who can no longer work, we cannot expect them to work in return for food.
But I do agree with you that we should not waste foods. Unfortunately. In Imphal lots of food are wasted during the community feast.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, suni51

I don't understand how giving charity to needy is undignified!! In Manipur too, there are no beggars but there are needy people. Getting food in return for works can be applicable for those adults who can work in return for food. But those children who are still very young to work or very old people who can no longer work, we cannot expect them to work in return for food.
But I do agree with you that we should not waste foods. Unfortunately. In Imphal lots of food are wasted during the community feast.

Charity in form of leftover is undignified. Personally, I never leave leftovers and will not leave any leftovers. Any one eating the leftover is undignified. I do not oppose work for food. But the food should not be 'leftovers'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: jabeen
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.