Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The first and the second rituals in the article are the most gruesome. Totally devoid of common sense. Why would someone want to take part in the second ritual?

:S :S :S

Mala Jaiswar
I came across this article where there are creepiest top 5 rituals of the dead around the world, read only if you can stomach the gruesome part of it!! :evil: :evil:

http://www.cracked.com/article_16502_the-5-creepiest-death-rituals-from-around-world.html

One thing for sure, we human beings have mastered the art of killing....Satee definitely is creepy and the sad part is that even today it is being practiced in parts of Rajasthan with the blessing of the netas...

Yes, you know what I personally feel there is no harm in throwing the bodies at the mercy of elements and scavenger birds, because that is where they are originally derived from, the Tibetans and Parsis follow this philosophy of returning the dead back to the elements the bodies are taken from. But Satee, where a live woman is burnt is just horrible and too dehumanizing.

Of course Satee is probably the worst of the lot , more so because it is still being actively practiced in Rajasthan......I too feel that the Parsi custom is ok except in Mumbai I have seen the pillar in the parsi burialyard and the vultures hovering around, can be seen from Malabar hills ! They tend to drop bits and pieces everywhere , which is horrible to watch.I am not sure if it is continuing in the same spot...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I came across this article where there are creepiest top 5 rituals of the dead around the world, read only if you can stomach the gruesome part of it!! :evil: :evil:

http://www.cracked.com/article_16502_the-5-creepiest-death-rituals-from-around-world.html

One thing for sure, we human beings have mastered the art of killing....Satee definitely is creepy and the sad part is that even today it is being practiced in parts of Rajasthan with the blessing of the netas...

Yes, you know what I personally feel there is no harm in throwing the bodies at the mercy of elements and scavenger birds, because that is where they are originally derived from, the Tibetans and Parsis follow this philosophy of returning the dead back to the elements the bodies are taken from. But Satee, where a live woman is burnt is just horrible and too dehumanizing.

Of course Satee is probably the worst of the lot , more so because it is still being actively practiced in Rajasthan......I too feel that the Parsi custom is ok except in Mumbai I have seen the pillar in the parsi burialyard and the vultures hovering around, can be seen from Malabar hills ! They tend to drop bits and pieces everywhere , which is horrible to watch.I am not sure if it is continuing in the same spot...

Not sure about it either, because last I heard, the Parsis were quite disturbed because of the steep decline in the population of vultures! One of my friends' family friend is a Parsi uncle who amused us with how he was working on several theories of innovating their burial practice. These theories were extremely hilarious and dark in content ranging from throwing the bodies in pure acids to something more unimaginable! :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Not sure about it either, because last I heard, the Parsis were quite disturbed because of the steep decline in the population of vultures! One of my friends' family friend is a Parsi uncle who amused us with how he was working on several theories of innovating their burial practice. These theories were extremely hilarious and dark in content ranging from throwing the bodies in pure acids to something more unimaginable! :woohoo:

It is good that they see a humorous side to their custom lol....In fact even the parsee population apparently is on the decline which is sad because a small community like that has contributed so much for the country..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is good that they see a humorous side to their custom lol....In fact even the parsee population apparently is on the decline which is sad because a small community like that has contributed so much for the country..

Oh yes, they are very humorous and extremely delightful to interact with, but only if you are able to put up with slight eccentricity now and then. Unfortunately yes, due to very rigid rules of marriage, their tribe is decreasing too! I have always found them to be the most enterprising, intelligent and philanthropic of all!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.