Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Power hunger is there in all spheres of life. Religion is not an exception. People vie with each other to establish their supremacy. We can see how many religions are broken in to splinter groups claiming each other as the ultimate.
I think people referring to religion find it different but what I feel it is not the religion but our mindset, discipline, training and social treatment that needs a change. It's all about education of a religion, it's concept that must be clear in our minds. No religion is wrong or right unless we know its background. Something can be right for me but you may dislike it, same goes for religions and faiths.

Basic education of all religion are same, love help, kindness, forgiveness, donation, Karma. But it is depends on person how they will took it. for some person religion is virus and for some person religion is power.

The teachings may be all that but it is hardly followed by anyone....In fact, religion gives rise to dvde and hatred like no other institution and it makes people hungry for power and wealth ! An example of tis the amount of wealth all the most famous religious places have amassed..

Actually religion itself does not create division between communities, it is wrongful interpretation of religion by a handful few who want to amass power and wealth for their selfish gains that creates hatred and division. Any religion for that matter preaches only love and tolerance towards others but people have twisted the true meanings because sticking to the true teachings of religion is not profitable for many.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think people referring to religion find it different but what I feel it is not the religion but our mindset, discipline, training and social treatment that needs a change. It's all about education of a religion, it's concept that must be clear in our minds. No religion is wrong or right unless we know its background. Something can be right for me but you may dislike it, same goes for religions and faiths.

Basic education of all religion are same, love help, kindness, forgiveness, donation, Karma. But it is depends on person how they will took it. for some person religion is virus and for some person religion is power.

The teachings may be all that but it is hardly followed by anyone....In fact, religion gives rise to dvde and hatred like no other institution and it makes people hungry for power and wealth ! An example of tis the amount of wealth all the most famous religious places have amassed..

Actually religion itself does not create division between communities, it is wrongful interpretation of religion by a handful few who want to amass power and wealth for their selfish gains that creates hatred and division. Any religion for that matter preaches only love and tolerance towards others but people have twisted the true meanings because sticking to the true teachings of religion is not profitable for many.

We need what actually happens. It is fallacious to say that religion does not divide. Actually, anything that creates divisions is bound to divide. Religion is more important cause of social division. More wars have been waged on religious grounds. The phrases like 'Mazahab nahin sikhata apas men bair rakhana' ( Religion does not teach mutual enmity) are meaningless. If this had any meaning, there would be no need to coin such fallacious phrases.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

We need what actually happens. It is fallacious to say that religion does not divide. Actually, anything that creates divisions is bound to divide. Religion is more important cause of social division. More wars have been waged on religious grounds. The phrases like 'Mazahab nahin sikhata apas men bair rakhana' ( Religion does not teach mutual enmity) are meaningless. If this had any meaning, there would be no need to coin such fallacious phrases.

I agree with you to an extent, but the hard truth is that religion does help keep people together and gives them proper guidelines for their daily conduct and behavior. If religion of any kind were non-existent then there would be nothing but total chaos and anarchy. Religion does happen to be the cause of major conflicts today everywhere, but is religion really to blame or is greed for power and money to blame? That greed is an offspring of a human's baser instincts and not of religion.

I agree with you to an extent, but the hard truth is that religion does help keep people together and gives them proper guidelines for their daily conduct and behavior. If religion of any kind were non-existent then there would be nothing but total chaos and anarchy. Religion does happen to be the cause of major conflicts today everywhere, but is religion really to blame or is greed for power and money to blame? That greed is an offspring of a human's baser instincts and not of religion.

People are united more on geographical basis than religion. Religion in fact is dividing factor. Among Hindus also there are mutually fighting sects and sub sects. I agree that religion cannot be eliminated. But we need reduce its influence and harmful affects. Hence personally I do not join religion and caste based functions but like to attend other social and cultural events.

where does faith in religion lead to. This may lead to disaster if followed blindly. Here is a story of a couple who felt that U.S.A. is not a good place to live according to religion. They left for an ideal religious island by a boat. There were some storms and they were saved. It would be perfectly correct to say that they moved by boat foolishly in blind faith but were saved luckily. But such 'true followers' would argue that Jesus always cares and He saved them. There is also a recent case in India. A family decided to meet Lord Shiva and ate poisonous 'prasad'. Most were killed. This is affect of God and religion.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/singham/2013/08/12/trusting-god-almost-leads-to-disaster/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Tirupati is a shining example that testifies your statement. There is no enough space to accommodate the gold and silver amassed by Tirupati Devasthanam.

The basic education of religion like love, help etc is not really religious as such. When we talk of religion, this means organized religion. Organized religion like Hindu, Muslim, christian is not merely about mutual cooperation among human. The organized religion does not bring love but distortions, division, superstitions and rigidity. Various terrorist movements are just a consequence of organized religion. .

When we talk of organized religion, it necessarily does not have to be so rigid that they cannot tolerate living in harmony with others. Take Parsee religion for example, they are a very small community now in numbers, they stick to their own norms and regulations but never force it upon others. They do follow certain beliefs that are very strict but that has never hurt others at any point of time. At the same time wherever they have migrated in the world, they have adopted the local culture with such ease and inculcated it within themselves in such a manner as the sugar dissolves in milk. That should how one's religion must be!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The basic education of religion like love, help etc is not really religious as such. When we talk of religion, this means organized religion. Organized religion like Hindu, Muslim, christian is not merely about mutual cooperation among human. The organized religion does not bring love but distortions, division, superstitions and rigidity. Various terrorist movements are just a consequence of organized religion. .

When we talk of organized religion, it necessarily does not have to be so rigid that they cannot tolerate living in harmony with others. Take Parsee religion for example, they are a very small community now in numbers, they stick to their own norms and regulations but never force it upon others. They do follow certain beliefs that are very strict but that has never hurt others at any point of time. At the same time wherever they have migrated in the world, they have adopted the local culture with such ease and inculcated it within themselves in such a manner as the sugar dissolves in milk. That should how one's religion must be!

True, it is the same with Jains living here.They are a small community but very hard working even though they are a very wealthy community. They mingle freely and take part in all religious functions ...I feel that Indian christians too are peace loving ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True, it is the same with Jains living here.They are a small community but very hard working even though they are a very wealthy community. They mingle freely and take part in all religious functions ...I feel that Indian christians too are peace loving ...

Yes, there are Jains too who mingle quite freely and are very much peace loving. Indian christians are good too but there are some sects who try to force their views on others persistently and that becomes a bit bothersome!

Yes, there are Jains too who mingle quite freely and are very much peace loving. Indian christians are good too but there are some sects who try to force their views on others persistently and that becomes a bit bothersome!

Some people do try and convert you into their faith but with all that it is done in a persuasive manner and they dont take part in any violent protests and such things....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.