Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
God is the creator of this world.So,he is the almighty.Religion is meant for following and worshiping god.Both affects our human life and shapes us in spiritual and worldly.
There are more people with a firm belief on the necessity of religion than non- believers who are of the firm opinion that a life without religion can be a normal one. Those who are smart make religion as a good source of income. Those who do not believe in religion will be treated as sinners and outcastes.

There are two aspects of religion. One is philosophy and beliefs. another is community rituals. Even an atheist belongs to some religious community. So, he will follow the religious community rituals on various ceremony although he may not share belief on matter of God, nature and creation.

If one calls himself an atheist and follows rituals like breaking a coconut and making seven rounds around the fire, he's not an atheist E.V Ramasami naicker, the founder of DMK and a well known atheist avoided all the rituals, customs and beliefs related to religious ceremonies for his own daughter's marriage.

Ramaswamy was more a social reformer than atheist. He was actually anti Aryan and considered himself a Dravadian. My concept of religion is that this covers two parts. One is belief in God, philosophy and spirituality. Religion is also a community. Personally I am an atheist but also belong to Hindu community. Hence there is nothing wrong to follow Hindu rituals pertaining to marriage, death etc. Also matter of succession will be decided by Hindu law. Javed Akhtar (Shabana Azami's husband and a noted script writer belongs to Muslim community but in Twitter, he has stated in his profile that he is atheist. Atheism is nether a religion nor a community nor does this require that one should boycott his own religion based community. Some rituals are always necessary to perform a function. Even singing national anthem is a ritual.

Ramasami naicker is basically anti Brahmin and their domination. In this process, he says chanting of mantras and other religion related rituals are created by the Brahmins to eke out a livelihood for them and their kith and kin. He says to utter mantras one need not go to brahmin. Any body can do this . And above all , he says the priest who chants mantras during a marriage or to appease "sani" himself doesn't know the meaning of the mantra's meaning. Out of this hatred towards the unethical practices of "Agra Varnas" or the forward castes,he has become both a non- believer in the existence of god and a great hater of caste system.

Hatred leads nowhere. I am atheist and rational but hate nobody. I take the rituals on marriage only as a ceremony to perform wedding and no more. The happy married life does not depend on Mantras. So whether these are pronounced correctly or not or whether the Pandit or anyone knows the meaning or not is not relevant to anyone. There is no harm if a non brahmin performs the ritual. Even if the mantra are tape played while the couple move around fire, this is okay. What the gathering prefers is fine enough. Of course there is need to observe simplicity and avoid wasteful expenses on such ceremonies.
By the way, I consider Raja Ram Mohan Roy and not Naiker the greatest social reformer.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
There are more people with a firm belief on the necessity of religion than non- believers who are of the firm opinion that a life without religion can be a normal one. Those who are smart make religion as a good source of income. Those who do not believe in religion will be treated as sinners and outcastes.

There are two aspects of religion. One is philosophy and beliefs. another is community rituals. Even an atheist belongs to some religious community. So, he will follow the religious community rituals on various ceremony although he may not share belief on matter of God, nature and creation.

If one calls himself an atheist and follows rituals like breaking a coconut and making seven rounds around the fire, he's not an atheist E.V Ramasami naicker, the founder of DMK and a well known atheist avoided all the rituals, customs and beliefs related to religious ceremonies for his own daughter's marriage.

Ramaswamy was more a social reformer than atheist. He was actually anti Aryan and considered himself a Dravadian. My concept of religion is that this covers two parts. One is belief in God, philosophy and spirituality. Religion is also a community. Personally I am an atheist but also belong to Hindu community. Hence there is nothing wrong to follow Hindu rituals pertaining to marriage, death etc. Also matter of succession will be decided by Hindu law. Javed Akhtar (Shabana Azami's husband and a noted script writer belongs to Muslim community but in Twitter, he has stated in his profile that he is atheist. Atheism is nether a religion nor a community nor does this require that one should boycott his own religion based community. Some rituals are always necessary to perform a function. Even singing national anthem is a ritual.

Ramasami naicker is basically anti Brahmin and their domination. In this process, he says chanting of mantras and other religion related rituals are created by the Brahmins to eke out a livelihood for them and their kith and kin. He says to utter mantras one need not go to brahmin. Any body can do this . And above all , he says the priest who chants mantras during a marriage or to appease "sani" himself doesn't know the meaning of the mantra's meaning. Out of this hatred towards the unethical practices of "Agra Varnas" or the forward castes,he has become both a non- believer in the existence of god and a great hater of caste system.

Hatred leads nowhere. I am atheist and rational but hate nobody. I take the rituals on marriage only as a ceremony to perform wedding and no more. The happy married life does not depend on Mantras. So whether these are pronounced correctly or not or whether the Pandit or anyone knows the meaning or not is not relevant to anyone. There is no harm if a non brahmin performs the ritual. Even if the mantra are tape played while the couple move around fire, this is okay. What the gathering prefers is fine enough. Of course there is need to observe simplicity and avoid wasteful expenses on such ceremonies.
By the way, I consider Raja Ram Mohan Roy and not Naiker the greatest social reformer.

Yes definitely Raja Ram mohan Roy is unquestionably a great social reformer.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I think people referring to religion find it different but what I feel it is not the religion but our mindset, discipline, training and social treatment that needs a change. It's all about education of a religion, it's concept that must be clear in our minds. No religion is wrong or right unless we know its background. Something can be right for me but you may dislike it, same goes for religions and faiths.

Basic education of all religion are same, love help, kindness, forgiveness, donation, Karma. But it is depends on person how they will took it. for some person religion is virus and for some person religion is power.
Thank you said by: suni51
I think people referring to religion find it different but what I feel it is not the religion but our mindset, discipline, training and social treatment that needs a change. It's all about education of a religion, it's concept that must be clear in our minds. No religion is wrong or right unless we know its background. Something can be right for me but you may dislike it, same goes for religions and faiths.

Basic education of all religion are same, love help, kindness, forgiveness, donation, Karma. But it is depends on person how they will took it. for some person religion is virus and for some person religion is power.

The basic education of religion like love, help etc is not really religious as such. When we talk of religion, this means organized religion. Organized religion like Hindu, Muslim, christian is not merely about mutual cooperation among human. The organized religion does not bring love but distortions, division, superstitions and rigidity. Various terrorist movements are just a consequence of organized religion. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I wish everyone thought like you do. The world would be a far better place to live in.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The basic education of religion like love, help etc is not really religious as such. When we talk of religion, this means organized religion. Organized religion like Hindu, Muslim, christian is not merely about mutual cooperation among human. The organized religion does not bring love but distortions, division, superstitions and rigidity. Various terrorist movements are just a consequence of organized religion. .

I agree. It's the half knowledged, self proclaimed Gurus, Mullahs and sundry are responsible for the rot.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I agree. It's the half knowledged, self proclaimed Gurus, Mullahs and sundry are responsible for the rot.

And who established them there where they can sit and control religion and matters related to religion?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

And who established them there where they can sit and control religion and matters related to religion?

You know the answer. Who will establish these self styled, half knowledged Gurus ? Again the same category of people who are half knowldged who are more in number. But, though less people with rational attitude are there thankfully.

The teachings may be all that but it is hardly followed by anyone....In fact, religion gives rise to dvde and hatred like no other institution and it makes people hungry for power and wealth ! An example of tis the amount of wealth all the most famous religious places have amassed..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.