Yes, I have been thinking and thinking over it for the past few months but not able to put a single word on paper. If nights are inspirations throwing up engaging ideas and mornings are cruel to put them away!!! What to do?

Usha, Kalyani,Swetha,Sandhya, Gulshanji, Arun , Sunil and other beloved friends, what do you suggest?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They say beginning is half done. When you are inspired and a thought flashes across your mind, take the trouble of jotting it on your pad, even if it’s a single line and keep it on your bedside table. This single line will be beckoning you when you get up in the morning. It reminds you that its waiting for the next sentence. I’m sure you cannot escape from its lure. And to your surprise one fine morning you will find immersed in it.
Please don’t fix any time limits.
All the best Chinmoy
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
They say beginning is half done. When you are inspired and a thought flashes across your mind, take the trouble of jotting it on your pad, even if it’s a single line and keep it on your bedside table. This single line will be beckoning you when you get up in the morning. It reminds you that its waiting for the next sentence. I’m sure you cannot escape from its lure. And to your surprise one fine morning you will find immersed in it.
All the best Chinmoy

Great thoughts shared, mate! I'd remain alive to your very pragmatic suggestion, thanks a lot!!!
All the best Chinmoy

Great thoughts shared, mate! I'd remain alive to your very pragmatic suggestion, thanks a lot!!!

Dear Chinmoy ji

Many great authors have gone through what you are going through.

However, I would like to help you by giving few tips

1. Keep a small spiral binded book that fits into your pocket and a pen. Every time you go anywhere and you are free, just write down the thoughts you have for your novel
2. Everyday you practice for a month and check the small book, I am sure it will be filled with many plots, sub plots and story line for your novel.
3. After 3 months, your book will be the summary to your novel. Share it with a person who you feel will help you move further ( as in novel construction of beginning, end, middle pages, etc)
4. You must be well aware that many Indians are fit for criticism, so chose the people whom you like to share your ideas. It is very very easy to put you down by laughing at your ideas, but there are rare gems who willl help you in shaping up your ideas!!!!!!!!!!
5. check the trend- how do you want your novel to be? consider the following options
a. publish online for free
b. publish online for a price
c. paperback type novel
d. textbook mass print type novel
e.hardcover /soft cover type novel
6. Do you want your novel to be with illustrations? what kind of illustrations? is it sketch oriented or picture oriented? If it is sketch oriented, I am sure Kalyani will help you out (her husband Gopal ji is a famous sketch artist)
7. Moreover, if you want it like paint oriented, then I suppose you come down to Vizag and meet Our Rambabu gaaru who will be very glad to help you (probably after meeting him, you will start your next book titled' painting for writers') heheheh :)

I hope some of the ideas will help you :)

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Yes, I have been thinking and thinking over it for the past few months but not able to put a single word on paper. If nights are inspirations throwing up engaging ideas and mornings are cruel to put them away!!! What to do?

Usha, Kalyani,Swetha,Sandhya, Gulshanji, Arun , Sunil and other beloved friends, what do you suggest?

I think your plot is ready, just announce the name of the Hero and your multi starer is ready to go. Yep I can see the name of the comedian in the end, like the good old days when Mehmood and Johny walker's name came at the end. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

All the best Chinmoy

Dear Chinmoy ji

1. Keep a small spiral binded book that fits into your pocket and a pen. Every time you go anywhere and you are free, just write down the thoughts you have for your novel
2. Everyday you practice for a month and check the small book, I am sure it will be filled with many plots, sub plots and story line for your novel.
3. After 3 months, your book will be the summary to your novel. Share it with a person who you feel will help you move further ( as in novel construction of beginning, end, middle pages, etc)
4. You must be well aware that many Indians are fit for criticism, so chose the people whom you like to share your ideas. It is very very easy to put you down by laughing at your ideas, but there are rare gems who willl help you in shaping up your ideas!!!!!!!!!!
5. check the trend- how do you want your novel to be? consider the following options
c. paperback type novel
6. Do you want your novel to be with illustrations? what kind of illustrations? is it sketch oriented or picture oriented? If it is sketch oriented, I am sure Kalyani will help you out (her husband Gopal ji is a famous sketch artist)
7. Moreover, if you want it like paint oriented, then I suppose you come down to Vizag and meet Our Rambabu gaaru who will be very glad to help you (probably after meeting him, you will start your next book titled' painting for writers') heheheh :)

Hey Swetha, let us get together and start our publishing business!!! :laugh: You really have collected your thoughts rather well and put them all so nicely!! :)

@Chinmoy, what I can only suggest is that carry a pen and paper with you always and the moment a seed of inspiration is formed in your mind, put them down on paper immediately. Once you see a little something BEFORE YOU, it will motivate you to write further and slowly and steadily you will achieve your goal. Do not wait for the cruel mornings to kill inspirations but rather burn the midnight oil when the inspirations flow!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

All the best Chinmoy

Dear Chinmoy ji

c. paperback type novel

Hey Swetha, let us get together and start our publishing business!!! :laugh: You really have collected your thoughts rather well and put them all so nicely!! :)

@Chinmoy, what I can only suggest is that carry a pen and paper with you always and the moment a seed of inspiration is formed in your mind, put them down on paper immediately. Once you see a little something BEFORE YOU, it will motivate you to write further and slowly and steadily you will achieve your goal. Do not wait for the cruel mornings to kill inspirations but rather burn the midnight oil when the inspirations flow!

I agree ! Swetha's suggestions and tips are very useful :) ...At times we start with one idea but as it dvelops you change track completely ...either way it is your choice !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now, as the topic of publishing something has arisen, I would also like to say that I am also on the way to finishing something. Actually what I have written is something about the English language as such. I have included the use of some specific verbs and words and the stuff like this. But I don't know how to get going after that. If Kalyani comes up with a publishing firm (seriously) my purpose would be solved.
Now, as the topic of publishing something has arisen, I would also like to say that I am also on the way to finishing something. Actually what I have written is something about the English language as such. I have included the use of some specific verbs and words and the stuff like this. But I don't know how to get going after that. If Kalyani comes up with a publishing firm (seriously) my purpose would be solved.

Oh really! what have you written about? I know that you own some kind of coaching classes, so is it related to that?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Oh really! what have you written about? I know that you own some kind of coaching classes, so is it related to that?

As I mentioned some tricky words and verbs that generally confuse people. I have written keeping the Indians in mind and the mistakes we generally make. Eg. Never say "According to me", say "In my opinion". "According to me" has a rustic and below level sense and "In my opinion" is King's English.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Well add me in the list too.. I too started working on my writing but don't know why i get stuck always.. May be we all lack passion...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.