I know the kind of reactions my comments in the title might draw but I hold my ground and please, hold your fire till you finish off the last letter of my post. Anand represents a sport which has affiliations to its world body of more than a hundred odd countries just to give you an idea of the level of competition that our chess maestro has been contending with. He appeared in the scene when India did not have a single Grand Master and became the first one to inspire quite a few to achieve it during his reign. He was World Champion five times - quite mind-boggling. His manners remain immaculate though chess masters are known to be eccentric geniuses. If he loses a few times more that's never ever going to dent his place in the pantheon of sporting gods of our country. You may disagree but I hold my ground!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes he is one of the best sportsman India ever produced but still he is not much famous like Sachin. :evil:
I know the kind of reactions my comments in the title might draw but I hold my ground and please, hold your fire till you finish off the last letter of my post. Anand represents a sport which has affiliations to its world body of more than a hundred odd countries just to give you an idea of the level of competition that our chess maestro has been contending with. He appeared in the scene when India did not have a single Grand Master and became the first one to inspire quite a few to achieve it during his reign. He was World Champion five times - quite mind-boggling. His manners remain immaculate though chess masters are known to be eccentric geniuses. If he loses a few times more that's never ever going to dent his place in the pantheon of sporting gods of our country. You may disagree but I hold my ground!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I fully uphold your views dear Chinmoy. The fact that the crown remained on his head for 13 years speaks it all. I'm glad you spoke your heart out. I agree with every syllable of what you said about this Maestro.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

I fully uphold your views dear Chinmoy. The fact that the crown remained on his head for 13 years speaks it all. I'm glad you spoke your heart out. I agree with every syllable of what you said about this Maestro.

What I read about chess is that this game originated in our country and Anand by winning it five times has restored our pride and prestige of our country. Here what strikes me in the conduct of our two sporting heroes is that both of them never cease to be immaculate and perfect role models for our younger generations.

What I read about chess is that this game originated in our country and Anand by winning it five times has restored our pride and prestige of our country. Here what strikes me in the conduct of our two sporting heroes is that both of them never cease to be immaculate and perfect role models for our younger generations.

True. 'Chaturranga' or Shatranj' originated in this country. This is our game. By winning the world championship five times, he certainly restored the pride of this country.
I too have always admired him - a dignified player who rarely talks about himself, even his interviews are so dignified ! Absolutely no self promotion like many players do..He has made an international mark so many times and now if he loses it doesnt really hurt his reputation

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree! He is a great sportsman India has ever produced. A true sportsman par excellence and a gentleman to the core, he may not be as famous as Sachin is, but he definitely is THE pride of our country!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Chess in game of mind and stemina. In my opinion every game required hard labour and dedication. Like Schine who is best one cricketers of world Anand is also best one chess player. he is great.

Chess in game of mind and stemina. In my opinion every game required hard labour and dedication. Like Schine who is best one cricketers of world Anand is also best one chess player. he is great.

Chess is not a popular game like cricket is in India so few people know about his achievements in chess. This is truth he is one of the best players of all time India has produced. :blink:

Chess is different and cricket is different and comparing Anand with Sachin would be unfair, they are both excellent in their own fields and hence let us not keep comparing between the too!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
My favorite Vishy would be easily the more followed celebrity compared to any other Indian players if take into account the number of countries he has his followers. I am, as a chess player myself following him ever since he was in 2200 Elo rating group. Currently he has little less than 2800 but still too higher compared to more than 100 GMs and Ims in India. Incidentally the average rating of all IMs and Gms combined is somewhere around 2650. Vishy is not doing in his top form recently, yet he is in top 10 world chess players that speaks about his caliber.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.