Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
He was the emperor of the kingdom of chess for years but even Akbar the great had to make way for a successor. Anand will be remembered for years to come.
He was the emperor of the kingdom of chess for years but even Akbar the great had to make way for a successor. Anand will be remembered for years to come.

Nothing lasts forever. All good things will have to come to and one day.
My favorite Vishy would be easily the more followed celebrity compared to any other Indian players if take into account the number of countries he has his followers. I am, as a chess player myself following him ever since he was in 2200 Elo rating group. Currently he has little less than 2800 but still too higher compared to more than 100 GMs and Ims in India. Incidentally the average rating of all IMs and Gms combined is somewhere around 2650. Vishy is not doing in his top form recently, yet he is in top 10 world chess players that speaks about his caliber.

Yes recently he is not in his best form. I think he had been in top 10 players since long. :blink:
My favorite Vishy would be easily the more followed celebrity compared to any other Indian players if take into account the number of countries he has his followers. I am, as a chess player myself following him ever since he was in 2200 Elo rating group. Currently he has little less than 2800 but still too higher compared to more than 100 GMs and Ims in India. Incidentally the average rating of all IMs and Gms combined is somewhere around 2650. Vishy is not doing in his top form recently, yet he is in top 10 world chess players that speaks about his caliber.

Yes recently he is not in his best form. I think he had been in top 10 players since long. :blink:

On FIDE's current rating he is on 8th spot but one good tournament can see right in top 3.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with you Chinmoy. Perhaps this was not known to all before. Vishy Anand is greatest of all sportsmen in India.
Leander Paes, and the wrestler Sushil Kumar, who won two consecutive Olympic medals and the person who won only individual gold for India in Olympics, the debate goes on.

http://mohanmekap.com/

On FIDE's current rating he is on 8th spot but one good tournament can see right in top 3.

I am also pretty optimistic about his return to the highest form of this game as it is a mind game.

I am also pretty optimistic about his return to the highest form of this game as it is a mind game.

Yes, it's not the end of the world for this veteran ex- world champ. He may spring a surprise sooner than later.
It happens to greats, and he can bounce back and in chess he can play till the age when his mind is good enough to compete, it is not cricket that one has to retire at certain age.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It happens to greats, and he can bounce back and in chess he can play till the age when his mind is good enough to compete, it is not cricket that one has to retire at certain age.

Yes agreed. With age a chess player's mental faculties are sharpened. Moreover Anand's one defeat will not be a hindrance to his chess acumen. Thomas Alva Edison failed 999 times before he invented the electric bulb. At that time he was 56.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.