Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The Tamilnadu government has announced a reward of Rs 9 crores for Magnus Carlsen and 6 crores for Vishwanath Anand...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Tamilnadu government has announced a reward of Rs 9 crores for Magnus Carlsen and 6 crores for Vishwanath Anand...

I have seen the presentation ceremony on TV. But that's the prize amount of the championship to the winner and runner up respectively.

I have seen the presentation ceremony on TV. But that's the prize amount of the championship to the winner and runner up respectively.

Yes thats right, in the newspaper it has been announced that Jayalalaitha handed over the cash and I mistook it ...It is actually the prize money that the trophy carried ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes thats right, in the newspaper it has been announced that Jayalalaitha handed over the cash and I mistook it ...It is actually the prize money that the trophy carried ..

TV has focused on the cheque and shown the contents of the cheque. That's why I could know that it was the prize amount.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I think age does matter in sports and games and the mind game like chess too somewhat is influenced by lesser degrees. I read about Alekhine - one the greatest masters - in his last days in the hospital was made to play against a chess player of standing and the great master after reading his first few moves in his mind as he was blind, with awesome accuracy predicted as to number of moves he would be making to make him surrender to the great amazement of his opponent!!
I know the kind of reactions my comments in the title might draw but I hold my ground and please, hold your fire till you finish off the last letter of my post. Anand represents a sport which has affiliations to its world body of more than a hundred odd countries just to give you an idea of the level of competition that our chess maestro has been contending with. He appeared in the scene when India did not have a single Grand Master and became the first one to inspire quite a few to achieve it during his reign. He was World Champion five times - quite mind-boggling. His manners remain immaculate though chess masters are known to be eccentric geniuses. If he loses a few times more that's never ever going to dent his place in the pantheon of sporting gods of our country. You may disagree but I hold my ground!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Chess in game of mind and stemina. In my opinion every game required hard labour and dedication. Like Schine who is best one cricketers of world Anand is also best one chess player. he is great.

Chess is not a popular game like cricket is in India so few people know about his achievements in chess. This is truth he is one of the best players of all time India has produced. :blink:

Chess is not popular because it is mind game and played in close rooms. India know this game because of Anand.
I think age does matter in sports and games and the mind game like chess too somewhat is influenced by lesser degrees. I read about Alekhine - one the greatest masters - in his last days in the hospital was made to play against a chess player of standing and the great master after reading his first few moves in his mind as he was blind, with awesome accuracy predicted as to number of moves he would be making to make him surrender to the great amazement of his opponent!!

He must be an extremely brilliant and genius person to predict the all the moves, but then after putting in his entire life to the game, no wonder all he must be doing is think about chess and chess alone! Hats off to the great master!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

He must be an extremely brilliant and genius person to predict the all the moves, but then after putting in his entire life to the game, no wonder all he must be doing is think about chess and chess alone! Hats off to the great master!

Yes, he was one of the very best in this game. About Anand the only thing that stands out is his staid, sober face in the face of all situations. In this regard he happens to be belonging to a class of his own!!! A world champion for five times never courting any controversy of the remotest kind, even our greatest Sachin can't even beat him on this score with all due admiration and respect to him!!! Anand is spotlessly immaculate!!
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar

Yes, he was one of the very best in this game. About Anand the only thing that stands out is his staid, sober face in the face of all situations. In this regard he happens to be belonging to a class of his own!!! A world champion for five times never courting any controversy of the remotest kind, even our greatest Sachin can't even beat him on this score with all due admiration and respect to him!!! Anand is spotlessly immaculate!!

Agreed. The quality of owning his mistakes graciously and not attributing to flimsy causes is the hallmark of an achiever. And Anand is the shining example of true champion.
I know the kind of reactions my comments in the title might draw but I hold my ground and please, hold your fire till you finish off the last letter of my post. Anand represents a sport which has affiliations to its world body of more than a hundred odd countries just to give you an idea of the level of competition that our chess maestro has been contending with. He appeared in the scene when India did not have a single Grand Master and became the first one to inspire quite a few to achieve it during his reign. He was World Champion five times - quite mind-boggling. His manners remain immaculate though chess masters are known to be eccentric geniuses. If he loses a few times more that's never ever going to dent his place in the pantheon of sporting gods of our country. You may disagree but I hold my ground!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Chess in game of mind and stemina. In my opinion every game required hard labour and dedication. Like Schine who is best one cricketers of world Anand is also best one chess player. he is great.

Chess is not a popular game like cricket is in India so few people know about his achievements in chess. This is truth he is one of the best players of all time India has produced. :blink:

Chess is not popular because it is mind game and played in close rooms. India know this game because of Anand.

Chess is very popular game in India, in fact, India introduced it to the world and we are one of the leading countries in this game on all levels. Only 3-4 countries are in front of us including Russia, America . Yes. it's a mind game and Indians have enough mind but for the day to day problems, otherwise we would be on the top.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.