I have given it a cool thought about what goes into making a novelist. Because he or she never views things the way we do!! They never traverse a linear path or rather record their feelings in a curvi-linear path! They make satans out of saints, make extraordinaries out of ordinaries!!!! Any thought??
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have given it a cool thought about what goes into making a novelist. Because he or she never views things the way we do!! They never traverse a linear path or rather record their feelings in a curvi-linear path! They make satans out of saints, make extraordinaries out of ordinaries!!!! Any thought??

Yes, they are different in all respects compared to other mortals. They are endowed with a third eye. This gives them added ability of seeing those things,where even the Sun fails to see. "Ravi Gaanchani Chota Kavi Gaanchun." so goes the adage which means where Sun fails to see, a writer (or a novelist) sees.

It is a combination of many things ! They need to be very creative,imaginative , have a great sense of humor and also have knowledge ! Certain subjects need first hand experience like while describing places and culture and they have to be accurate in their account !I feel that to become a successful writer one has to have all these abilities ...Even to make satans out of saints or vice versa they need to have sensitivity and a certain amount of convction to make readers fall in line with their idea !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
A novelist is a person who can understand the human mind in a much better way. He can understand each and every expressions and feelings. He studies many subject books and give us the best innovative story which make us understand the facts of life very clearly. The impact of the story lasts for a very long time in our mind. He is a genius.
There is a proverb- Jahan na jaye ravi vahan jaye kavi (Poet goes where Sun cannot reach). A noivelist needs something more. He differs from poet. He needs keen observation and ability to translate his experience in words. For example: Munshi Prem Chand the foremost progressive writer/ novelist wrote many novels on the conditions in villages, poor and other social issues. How he saw corruption is well expressed in NAMAK KA DAROGA.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Novelists are able to interpret things in a different manner as opposed to others. Along with being more creative and sensitive, they are also willing to research extensively into the depths of any subject that they wish to write on!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is a combination of many things ! They need to be very creative,imaginative , have a great sense of humor and also have knowledge ! Certain subjects need first hand experience like while describing places and culture and they have to be accurate in their account !I feel that to become a successful writer one has to have all these abilities ...Even to make satans out of saints or vice versa they need to have sensitivity and a certain amount of convction to make readers fall in line with their idea !

Ah, I don't possess the set of qualities you have combined! Just beyond me!!! Kalyani, Rambabu and others including you may meet those stringent requirements!!! :P :P :P :P

Ah, I don't possess the set of qualities you have combined! Just beyond me!!! Kalyani, Rambabu and others including you may meet those stringent requirements!!! :P :P :P :P

LOL. can't say for others but I can only hope that I possesee at least 10% of those qualities ..... The qualities I have written about are probably present in the great novelists whose books I read and from what I read I feel that they probably possess all these qualities to come up wth such absorbing work ! :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Chinmoy ! You are too humble. You have all the stringent qualities and more. I'm eager to see your Paperback/ hardbound soon in the stands with the glowing heading, 'Top 10'. Jay Ho. Tum Hoga Kaamyaab.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Chinmoy ! You are too humble. You have all the stringent qualities and more. I'm eager to see your Paperback/ hardbound soon in the stands with the glowing heading, 'Top 10'. Jay Ho. Tum Hoga Kaamyaab.

Novel is nothing but a large stroy. If you have sufficient time, some theme and interest to write, just begin and stop thinking about qualities of a novelist. all novelists don't have same qualities.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes their imagination is extra ordinary they can stretch an incident and can correlate it with anything. They memories even the small things of their life and write whenever they get an opportunity to correlate those. :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.